Lancaster High School is a public school located in Lancaster, OH. It has 1,838 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 50% of students are at least proficient in math and 71% in reading.
Lancaster High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-227 Students
- A+184 Students
- A97 Students
- C+89 Students
- B72 Students
- B64 Students
- A-57 Students
- B-39 Students
- B+37 Students
- B-33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 45 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Schools like Lancaster High School
- B-Watkins Memorial High School
- Southwest Licking Local School District, OH
- 198 reviews
- B-Amanda-Clearcreek High School
- Amanda-Clearcreek Local School District, OH
- 85 reviews
- CLiberty Union High School
- Liberty Union-Thurston Local School District, OH
- 99 reviews
- B-Fairfield Union High School
- Fairfield Union Local School District, OH
- 63 reviews
Lancaster High School Reviews
I had an absolutely excellent experience at Lancaster High School! Firstly, I had really great experiences academically. The teachers genuinely want the students to succeed and it is completely evident in the classroom everyday. Secondly, the opportunities we are given as students is amazing. We get the opportunity to participate in multiple programs, and support many more. Thirdly, the school spirit and pride we have is unmatched. Our administration and teachers are proud to work there and they pass it right along to us, making us proud to be students there. There is nothing as exciting and supportive as a pep rally at Lancaster High School!
Almost all of the staff (teachers and otherwise) are very positive and encouraging to students. An environment is created where students can work and also enjoy extracurricular activities, and staff will support almost every activity in some form- there is always at least one staff member hosting a club, and for the clubs that have some type of performance, many staff attend the event as well as encourage other students to attend. Overall, Lancaster High School is a fantastic place to grow and learn, and I am very glad I spent the past four years there.
My favorite part of LHS is the spirit of all the teachers and staff, every single one of them made it so obvious that they were there to see us succeed and would do all they could to get us there. I will say, I wish I was more prepared for what college studying and testing would be like but as far as teaching goes, LHS is one of the best. One of the most important things at LHS was that we all felt we were a part of something, whether it be academics, sports or clubs, all staff wanted us all to feel as though we really did belong. I feel as though, regardless of our backgrounds and personalities and "friend groups" most students made it a point to make everyone included and feel welcome. The "high school cliques" were never a huge thing at the high school, because we were all able to be involved based on what we were good at.