grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C minus
Lancaster High School is a public school located in Lancaster, OH. It has 1,824 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 50% of students are at least proficient in math and 71% in reading.
Lancaster High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus250 Students
- grade A+200 Students
- grade A minus106 Students
- grade C+95 Students
- grade B79 Students
- grade B76 Students
- grade A minus65 Students
- grade B minus43 Students
- grade B+41 Students
- grade B minus36 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 45 responses
- Football games27%
- Every group has own traditions. Depends who you11%
- Choir concerts9%
- Baseball games7%
- Over all at the school.7%
- Running. Different traditions in groups. But not7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 19 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$13,259 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 37 responses
Schools like Lancaster High School
- grade B minusWatkins Memorial High School
- Southwest Licking Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.54 out of 5 208 reviews
- grade B minusAmanda-Clearcreek High School
- Amanda-Clearcreek Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.5 out of 5 86 reviews
- grade C+Liberty Union High School
- Liberty Union-Thurston Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.36 out of 5 102 reviews
- grade C+Fairfield Union High School
- Fairfield Union Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.85 out of 5 66 reviews
Lancaster High School Reviews
Rating 3.5 out of 5 221 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I had an absolutely excellent experience at Lancaster High School! Firstly, I had really great experiences academically. The teachers genuinely want the students to succeed and it is completely evident in the classroom everyday. Secondly, the opportunities we are given as students is amazing. We get the opportunity to participate in multiple programs, and support many more. Thirdly, the school spirit and pride we have is unmatched. Our administration and teachers are proud to work there and they pass it right along to us, making us proud to be students there. There is nothing as exciting and supportive as a pep rally at Lancaster High School!
Overall I feel like administration cared more about the kids who were more outgoing and involved themselves in a lot activities including, sports and clubs. They did not make much of an effort to get to know or acknowledge other kids who were not as outgoing and had a harder time including themselves in activities. I was one of those kids and I wanted to be more social, I actually did want to be in clubs and organize school events, but every time I tried I just didn’t feel seen or like people were interested in getting to know me. I do feel like teachers at least tried to acknowledge me but due to my overwhelming shyness it was hard for me to include myself in class discussions, and others felt this as well. Some kids just work differently and I feel like this was not acknowledged. If you are outgoing and play a lot of different sports then this is a great school, but if you are introverted and have a harder time getting involved then this is not the school for you.
Almost all of the staff (teachers and otherwise) are very positive and encouraging to students. An environment is created where students can work and also enjoy extracurricular activities, and staff will support almost every activity in some form- there is always at least one staff member hosting a club, and for the clubs that have some type of performance, many staff attend the event as well as encourage other students to attend. Overall, Lancaster High School is a fantastic place to grow and learn, and I am very glad I spent the past four years there.