Lancaster High School is a highly rated, public school located in Lancaster, NY. It has 1,885 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 98% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Lancaster High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-363 Students
- C+147 Students
- B-123 Students
- A-123 Students
- B-107 Students
- B102 Students
- C+94 Students
- B-84 Students
- B75 Students
- A75 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 111 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
Schools like Lancaster High School
- B+Iroquois Senior High School
- Iroquois Central School District, NY
- 89 reviews
- A-Hamburg High School
- Hamburg Central School District, NY
- 200 reviews
- A-Starpoint High School
- Starpoint Central School District, NY
- 133 reviews
- B+West Seneca East Senior High School
- West Seneca Central School District, NY
- 110 reviews
Lancaster High School Reviews
Lancaster is overall a great place if you choose to be involved. Some teachers aren't the best but they will be forgotten about when you think of the great ones (like Mr. Arcese, Mr. Herrscher, Mrs. Fisher, Mrs. Gould, etc..) but all and all there is a great atmosphere here and you will have fun if you want to!
During my four years Lancaster was always working to improve the school. This made for construction nonstop. We had lead infested water for over two years, multiple set off fire alarms, hallways blocked, it was frustrating at times. The teachers for the most part taught well and were personable. If I didn't understand something I knew they would always work to help me out, at times that I could work with. However as a senior I felt as some of my traditions were taken away. They stopped doing senior quotes my year and we didn't even have a senior room. The student body was very active in planning and running events, things like Mr. Lancaster and nice Homecomings. Overall I enjoyed my four years, but wish some things were better equipped.
Many different opportunities, clubs, sports, and much school spirit. Something for everyone! Offers so many classes and good quality teachers. So underrated.