Lancaster High School is a highly rated, public school located in LANCASTER, NY. It has 1,885 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Lancaster High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A323 Students
- B-133 Students
- B-111 Students
- A-96 Students
- B-95 Students
- B92 Students
- C+80 Students
- B-74 Students
- B66 Students
- B66 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 95 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Schools like Lancaster High School
- A-Iroquois Senior High School
- Iroquois Central School District, NY
- 86 reviews
- A-Hamburg High School
- Hamburg Central School District, NY
- 195 reviews
- A-Starpoint High School
- Starpoint Central School District, NY
- 127 reviews
- BWest Seneca East Senior High School
- West Seneca Central School District, NY
- 107 reviews
Lancaster High School Reviews
Lancaster High School is a spirited and united community of Legends. From Spirit Weeks to football games, or homecoming and prom to our annual bonfire, the school creates welcoming and fun events for the entire student body and even faculty to enjoy. Our school puts on fundraisers like Food Drives, Toy Drives, Bald4Bucks, and Blood Drives to help those less fortunate or in need. The majority of the faculty are kind, helpful, and intelligent, while our principals are very honorable. The student body, for the most part, is also kind and very prideful of the school. Overall, I have enjoyed my experience at Lancaster and will always remember my high school years here.
Lancaster High School has a great community of students and staff members. They offer different academies that students can apply to join in order to learn more about possible future career fields. The Academy of Finance offers courses for students who are interested in business or finance fields, as well as opportunities for students to learn about basic financial literacy. The Leadership Academy strengthens students leadership skills and prepares them to become effective leaders in their professional and personal lives. These are just two of the great academies offered.
School experiences, especially in high school, can be very different from everyone else's. I can say without a doubt that Lancaster High school is far from a perfect school however there lots of redeeming qualities when you're on campus, for example, school spirit amongst the students make events much more fun to be apart of, also teachers will try new and innovative ways of getting students engaged in the academic environment which has benefitted me lots, and has obviously put forth a lot of time and effort into planning major school events i.e. Prom and Homecoming. Unfortunately this school in particular suffers problems in terms of keeping the building up to date, mainly pertaining to the fact that the school is over 50 years old. While renovations are being done, I'm still not impressed.