Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Lancaster High School is a highly rated, public school located in Lancaster, NY. It has 1,838 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 98% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Lancaster High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-396 Students
- C+161 Students
- B-137 Students
- A-129 Students
- B-124 Students
- B-113 Students
- C+104 Students
- B91 Students
- B83 Students
- A80 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
Schools like Lancaster High School
- B+Iroquois Senior High School
- Iroquois Central School District, NY
- 90 reviews
- A-Hamburg High School
- Hamburg Central School District, NY
- 205 reviews
- A-Starpoint High School
- Starpoint Central School District, NY
- 140 reviews
- B+West Seneca East Senior High School
- West Seneca Central School District, NY
- 121 reviews
Lancaster High School Reviews
My experience at Lancaster High School has been great! In my opinion, the faculty and staff here do a great job at creating an adaptable and supportive learning environment. There's almost an endless amount of resources for whatever any of the students here need, which is extremely helpful when trying to get work done. All of the students are provided with a wide range of opportunities, including five educational academies and many different electives. My school has much more to offer than just the core classes, which is one of the favorite things about my school. I personally participate in the PLTW academy, which has allowed me to explore the things I'm actually interested in, such as technology and engineering. Overall, the past four years at this high school have been very positive, and I wouldn't have wanted to go anywhere else.
Lancaster offered me many opportunities to learn and get involved. I was a part of the Academy of Finance, DECA, Student union, freshman mixer, National Honor society, stage crew and more. I was enrolled in multiple AP courses that, looking back, prepared me for college very well. I also had an opportunity to work at the credit union, that was located in our own school, as a bank teller. I also got to work in our "hub", which was the technology room in our school, as a technology mentor. I got to help teachers and students learn about new programs and technology the school was offering. I did many presentations and worked with many peers that I otherwise would not talk to on a regular bases. I worked at the school store, which taught me great responsibility. Lancaster offered a multitude of elective classes such as meteorology, astronomy, calculus, criminal law, and my personal favorite oceanography. Overall Lancaster offered me so many opportunities that I am more than thankful for.
Lancaster High School provided me with a great education and high school experience. With an incredible amount of programs students are able to find what they are good at and excel at it. Whether you are interested in art, music, engineering, finance, or sports LHS has a spot for you. As a previous member of the Academy of Finance I can say that I learned a great deal about my future financial decisions. Teachers at LHS take an interest in their students and work to help them excel in their classes. Lancaster also has great athletic programs including football, basketball, cheerleading, and lacrosse. Not only does Lancaster have great athletics but it also has one of the top marching bands in the state and has a wonderful concert choir as well as top notch musicals. Lancaster High School also has a variety of AP and college level classes to help you prepare for college and earn college credits to save money. Lancaster has very large class sizes but lacks diversity.