Lancaster High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+206 Students
- B189 Students
- C-143 Students
- A+142 Students
- A132 Students
- A+130 Students
- A-125 Students
- A119 Students
- A114 Students
- B+108 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.48 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.48 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.52 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.75 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.90 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.90 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.90 responses
Lancaster High School Reviews
Review Lancaster High School
Lancaster High School has many great, diverse, motivated students and staff. Every teacher is motivated to teach their students and shape them into successful people. The school offers many clubs and classes that allow students to explore their interests. Lancaster High School takes college readiness very serious and the staff motivates the students to go beyond the requirements. The students on campus are very motivated to create a successful future for themselves and with that mindset, soon every individual on campus will have a successful future.
I've attended this school since freshman year, my experience wasn't the best due to teachers and schedule changes. Although there are a lot different electives and clubs/sports opportunities. Counselors are nice and very helpful, Though,almost always busy.As for school lunchs..In all honesty freshman year had the best lunches, now it's pretty small, half the te the same food is given out, or in other words, menu doesnt really change, same for breakfast. So you're worried about a good diet,Its best to go to the salad bar or just bring lunch. Education system is ... balanced. Of course their are those students who just don't do anything, and end up failing but that's not entirely the teachers fault.Overall, the school isn't bad unless you're an introvert or a troublemaker, In my case I am an introvert but I really liked this school.
Although I was not the most eager student when I attended this school, I do recognize that it is not a terrible school, but it is far from exceptional. I did not enjoy the majority of the teacher' classes and the textbooks were severely outdated (sometimes more than a decade old). Honestly, this school is decent example of the reasons that the public educational system is lacking. I understand that it is the task of a student to learn how to seek out knowledge for their-selves, but most of the classes I took were completely drab. Overall, a student's experience will be dictated by their willingness to endure these dull moments and still remain interested in the subjects taught. It was a relatively peaceful high school, and I am sure that many great minds were shaped within its wall, but I pinpoint the extent in which the school itself may have contributed to them.