Lampeter-Strasburg Senior High School
- LAMPETER, PA
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade A minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Lampeter-Strasburg Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in LAMPETER, PA. It has 993 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 83% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Lampeter-Strasburg Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+95 Students
- grade A87 Students
- grade B83 Students
- grade A minus75 Students
- grade A minus52 Students
- grade B50 Students
- grade A+45 Students
- grade B42 Students
- grade A+36 Students
- grade B32 Students
View Homes Near Lampeter-Strasburg Senior High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade C+
- Housinggrade C
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 26 responses
- Football games and 5th quarter(social event)31%
- Volunteering at the local fair to help community23%
- Lampeter Fair12%
- Being in the Student Section8%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 17 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$15,174 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 27 responses
Schools like Lampeter-Strasburg Senior High School
- grade B+Warwick Senior High School
- Warwick School District, PA
- Rating 3.77 out of 5 235 reviews
- grade A minusHempfield Senior High School
- Hempfield School District, PA
- Rating 3.82 out of 5 285 reviews
- grade A minusCocalico Senior High School
- Cocalico School District, PA
- Rating 3.78 out of 5 247 reviews
- grade B+Ephrata Senior High School
- Ephrata Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.63 out of 5 211 reviews
Lampeter-Strasburg Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.8 out of 5 193 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I love my high school because of the students and teachers! The people are wonderful, and you can tell that people really care. I feel like I am getting a solid education and will be prepared for the years to come as I live my life in the "real world". There isn't much that I would change, but I do think that it would be very cool if we could somehow involve business within the school system. Perhaps this could look like students having opportunities to start and maintain businesses while giving other students a chance to invest or purchase from them.
We currently have four children attending Lampeter-Strasburg schools, with our oldest graduating in the spring. We have been thrilled with the academic and extra-curricular opportunities that she is involved with, mostly in the music department, art, and running cross country. The teachers are so encouraging, and when I think back over her 13 years at L-S, I believe her gifts and talents were nurtured, and we are excited to see her future unfold and know that she is prepared to enter college.
Out of all my years attending LS, my experience was a mixed bag. Food was not the worst, but not the best, but hey it is school food so what can I say. I've had a fair share of amazing teachers from this school but at the same time, some of the teachers here could be better people. Diversity wise, there is not a lot of diversity at this school. Athletics here are overall good.