Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Lamar High School is a public school located in Lamar, AR. It has 509 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 34% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Lamar High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-231 Students
- A-100 Students
- B92 Students
- C+66 Students
- C+62 Students
- B40 Students
- B-35 Students
- B-29 Students
- A-29 Students
- A-27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 39 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Lamar High School Reviews
I like the small environment; it gives students a good relationship with teachers and allows for a better learning environment. All of the teachers at Lamar are really amazing and teach their course to their very best. However, with Lamar being such a small school, there aren't a lot of extracurricular activities.
Lamar High School is a wonderful district. As soon as you step into the building you’re considered family. Everyone is so caring about one another and very involved. The staff at LHS makes sure that no one is left out. They let you know that you are someone, and that you can move mountains. They take everything seriously, but love to have fun too. The atmosphere is amazing. But, I think what I personally dislike about LHS is the students. Of course you cannot control teenagers and their attitudes. But with the atmosphere at LHS, teens believe that they can do whatever they please. That is unsettling to me.
I love Lamar High School, the faculty loves the students no matter what. This school started a new system that's called "Family Groups" it's a really cool system where students are mixed up from every grade and they are to work together as a family. This really helps students that don't have that great of a family and give the students a chance to have others to help them out and openly discuss issues in the school district. Honestly, I love Lamar High School.