Lakota West High School is a highly rated, public school located in West Chester, OH. It has 2,354 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 74% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
Lakota West High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A543 Students
- A+400 Students
- A-347 Students
- A-224 Students
- B+107 Students
- A-105 Students
- B-105 Students
- A102 Students
- B89 Students
- B-87 Students
Living in the Area
- Cost of LivingB+
- Good for FamiliesA+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.40 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.40 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 148 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.71 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.71 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.71 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.79 responses
Schools like Lakota West High School
- ALakota East High School
- Lakota Local School District (Liberty Township), OH
- 466 reviews
- B+Lebanon High School
- Lebanon City School District, OH
- 258 reviews
- A-Milford Senior High School
- Milford Exempted Village School District, OH
- 248 reviews
- ALoveland High School
- Loveland City School District, OH
- 217 reviews
Lakota West High School Reviews
Lakota West has some of the best admins in the entire district. Mr. Card truly cares about the students. The majority of the teachers share the same values as Mr. Card, while there are a few teachers who are there just for the paycheck. The counselors are Amazing. My counselor, Mr. Emig, really goes above and beyond by not only creating connections with the students, but also with the parents. Sports are Lakota are competitive and worth watching. Our school Spirit is amazing. The theater program is amazing, thanks to Ms. Eldridge. In addition, our honors, AP, and IB programs are among the best. Lastly, the Lakota district works hard to help students intern and learn from the large businesses in our area like P & G. I can't say enough about Lakota. Go Firebirds!
Long story we switched schools again this time late 7th grade year to Lakota West High School. This school helped me overcome battles of my own but for me to actually not skipping school because I was "sick". This school isn't perfect, there's a lot of things it could improve on but the school cares about its students. They provide with us internships opportunities, meetings with our guidance counselors and courses that help us prepare for our future!
I’m a current junior. I’ve loved my time at West (the main campus, that is)! I’ve met so many great friends and I have a lot of fond memories. The athletics I've been a part of have been good for the most part, and I’ve had my mix of great as well as terrible teachers. I complain about too much homework and teachers who don’t teach (like most of us) but I wouldn’t change a thing about my experience. Go Firebirds!