Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-277 Students
- A+239 Students
- A175 Students
- A-147 Students
- B+63 Students
- B+53 Students
- A51 Students
- B-49 Students
- A-49 Students
- B-44 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.32 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.32 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 117 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.54 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.62 responses
Lakota East High School Reviews
Review Lakota East High School
I took one class here my senior year. There was always a great atmosphere, my teacher was great, students were friendly, and I always felt safe and important! I was always comfortable expressing myself
After going to Lakota East for four years I believe it is an above average school comparing my academic and extracurricular experiences to what I have heard about other schools from my friends. I would say this school lacks in diversity and culture. I think this school could do more to make the school a little more inclusive. The extracurriculars are great, sports and clubs, there is a great variety to include all interests. I believe East spends too much money on sports and does not pay too much attention to other interests such as Arts that needs funding. Overall the academics and teachers are good,
Lakota East is always on top of topics like bullying, personal, safety, security measures, the nurse, etc. Three times a year, the students undergo A.L.I.C.E. training where students learn how to handle an active shooter. The staff are all friendly and approachable about any bullying that may occur. Our school nurse is well equipped and knowledgeable. The cafeteria is frequently cleaned and the food is far above "cafeteria food". The janitorial staff really does an amazing job keeping the school clean and cleaning up messes the instant they occur. The school is very safe. During school hours, anyone entering the building must come through the office and is "buzzed in" through two separate doors by a secretary. Before and after school hours (when students are arriving/leaving), the principal herself along with multiple other staff are greeting students as they walk in and keeping an alert for potential safety issues. Lakota East has its own police officer who is there daily. Deputy Doug has extensive training and the students take him and the staff very seriously.