Lakewood High School is a public school located in Sumter, SC. It has 1,144 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 39% in reading.
Lakewood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A145 Students
- B-123 Students
- B+118 Students
- B105 Students
- B+96 Students
- A84 Students
- C+83 Students
- C+75 Students
- B-73 Students
- C70 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Lakewood High School
Lakewood High School Reviews
Lakewood Is a very athletic and academic school. Overall we have 9-12th grade. The school provides everyone with equal opportunity for success. Teachers, administrators, and guidance counselors do their very best to help students out. They greet, encourage, uplift and confine in a relationship with students . Students are involved in the talented and gifted programs , athletics , clubs and other organizations around the school. The athletics program runs good.
Well, the school allows the students an opportunity to be themselves. The students have a voice and are able to verbalize their needs and concerned. The school is very caring and respects students as individuals. They listen to what the students have to say without making them feel unimportant. The students have a good relationship with their teachers and administers. I feel that the school treats the students like they are a part of a family away from their family of origin. The school challenges and supports the students academically and encourages them to dream big. The teachers also work with the students to assist them with achieving those dreams and goals. I feel that the school is student orientated and their main focus is getting the students ready for college and/or to enter the real world with success.
Lakewood High is a very good school. Staff members are always there to help, and strongly push students to improve, make smart decisions, and to succeed for you own good. If you need help the staff is honestly there to help. Also, teachers seem to build a good relationship with students and give advice when you need it. The school is quiet and students are more stabled this year than any other year. The only thing I wish to change for Lakewood High, is the school pride..its there, but it needs to be stronger.