Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Lakewood High School is a public school located in Sumter, SC. It has 1,031 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 33% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Lakewood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A175 Students
- B137 Students
- B-131 Students
- B116 Students
- B+114 Students
- C+102 Students
- A101 Students
- B-90 Students
- B-85 Students
- B+82 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Lakewood High School
Lakewood High School Reviews
Lakewood High Is a good school. Many of the teachers there are very helpful and want to see succeed. My favorite part was playing sports and being active in many of extracurricular activities. Being in clubs are very fun. My senior year we got a new principal, I thought it would have ruined everything but I loved my new principal and he made my senior year great!
I like extracurricular activities. Just about everyone had a great school spirit, and it was very fun. Being that this is my last year there, I would want to see a lot of change. For starters, the lunches should change. It's not bad but it's not good as well. I felt like some of the school rules were very much uncalled for. It would be nice to see more sports programs come back like tennis. Overall, the school isn't a bad place to be... but I feel a lot of change is gonna come to the school in the future.
Lakewood Is a very athletic and academic school. Overall we have 9-12th grade. The school provides everyone with equal opportunity for success. Teachers, administrators, and guidance counselors do their very best to help students out. They greet, encourage, uplift and confine in a relationship with students . Students are involved in the talented and gifted programs , athletics , clubs and other organizations around the school. The athletics program runs good.