Lakewood High School is a public school located in Lakewood, NJ. It has 1,143 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 8% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Lakewood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+142 Students
- B-89 Students
- B69 Students
- A64 Students
- B54 Students
- B51 Students
- A-48 Students
- C+46 Students
- B+43 Students
- A+39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Lakewood High School
- BJackson Liberty High School
- Jackson Township School District, NJ
- 161 reviews
- B-Manchester Township High School
- Manchester Township School District, NJ
- 104 reviews
- B-Central Regional High School
- Central Regional School District, NJ
- 183 reviews
- B-Long Branch High School
- Long Branch Public School District, NJ
- 110 reviews
Lakewood High School Reviews
There have been some no so good experiences, but overall everyone here is so diverse and kind to each other. The teachers are so loving and caring, and they try to understand where their students come from and what situations are going on outside of school. The staff is outstanding, they have really tried to change things this year and so far it has been working, the students have been behaving way more than in the beginning of the year. Lakewood High School has really turned things around with the way they inspire the students to try harder to get better grades, and to stop abusing of drugs and other substances. I am very happy with the change being applied to the school, I feel a lot safer this year than I have ever at this school. The classes are very entertaining and the teachers do a great job with keeping the students attention.
My experience at Lakewood High School was filled with many fun memories and struggles. Most teachers really care about their students' success and help motivate those to do their work. Not only do the teachers develop good relationships with the students, but the administrators do too. Being able to communicate with students about their dreams and goals really shows how the staff members want what's best for us. Our school may not be the best, but it definitely provides students with a great support system, regardless of grades.
In Lakewood High School there is a diversity of cultures. The school treats everyone the same way no matter the color of your skin, it has a great staff trying to push their students to do better. Normally when you mention the school to other people out of the city their reactions are a bit rough almost feeling bad for us. I would like to see change on how they think of us and show them we are not what they say. We are very determined and have the same goals and potential as other schools.