Lakewood High School is a public school located in Hebron, OH. It has 578 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Lakewood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+69 Students
- A-62 Students
- C+32 Students
- B29 Students
- B-17 Students
- B16 Students
- B+16 Students
- C+12 Students
- A12 Students
- A-11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Lakewood High School
- C+Licking Valley High School
- Licking Valley Local School District, OH
- 102 reviews
- B-Fairfield Union High School
- Fairfield Union Local School District, OH
- 62 reviews
- B-Watkins Memorial High School
- Southwest Licking Local School District, OH
- 197 reviews
- B-Sheridan High School
- Northern Local School District, OH
- 52 reviews
Lakewood High School Reviews
All of the staff at Lakewood High School cares for your education, they want to see everyone succeed. Throughout the year they bring a ton of college resources in for students, they also bring in resources for those not interested in college, for students more interested in going into the workforce. The staff wants every student to go somewhere in their life. All the people there are willing to work one on one with you. Over the years I've seen great changes in the environment at the school. New sports and clubs have been introduced to for more students, they have also started hearing the students opinions more about the school so they can help make it a better place. My favorite example is when I came into the school it looks very dull and bland, there was no live. Now we have several murals going up around the school, we've painted hallways and even built a new student success center. Lakewood High School is a wonderful place to further your education and grow as a person.
I received a very good education from Lakewood. I attended there all 4 years of high school and made some very good friends. Most of the teachers are amazing and will help you anyway they can. However, my senior year, 2017-2018, was very bad. The drug problem here is spiraling out of control, hopefully they take the right steps to end this!
The art program is all a student could ask for! The teachers truly care about your proficiency in art as well as your potential career in art. I would like more recognition from the school and community for the amount of work all of the art students and teachers put in to make the program great.