Lakeville South High School is a highly rated, public school located in Lakeville, MN. It has 1,825 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 59% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
Lakeville South High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+252 Students
- A+122 Students
- A-112 Students
- B80 Students
- B+78 Students
- A75 Students
- B75 Students
- A65 Students
- B+63 Students
- B+62 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 68 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Schools like Lakeville South High School
- ALakeville North High School
- Lakeville Public School District, MN
- 284 reviews
- APrior Lake High School
- Prior Lake-Savage Area Schools, MN
- 363 reviews
- ARosemount Senior High School
- Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan Independent School District No. 196, MN
- 281 reviews
- ANorthfield Senior High School
- Northfield Public School District, MN
- 152 reviews
Lakeville South High School Reviews
Being at Lakeville South Highschool, brings a lot of great energy at festival in the school. Where as it's a school where diversity tend to be. Being here not only showed me how great the teacher are but it showed me that everyone in the school cares about how you feel as a person! Being an African American who moved from a different school during sophomore year. I can tell you personally that when I moved here, I was an introvert but being here made me and extrovert. People here create an environment where you feel safe, loved, wanted, and most importantly needed. The family and culture at Lakeville South is unbelievable, meaning everyone is part of something in the school. One last important thing that made me realize how great this school was when I had no idea about how to be ready for college but with the help of my deans, teachers,friends and family they have a system where they want EVERYONE to succeed no matter what race or gender you are.
Lakeville south has outstanding academics. Programs range from regular classes, to honors, to AP. The choice of extracurriculars and electives accommodates to all intrests and hobbies. They have an amazing fine arts program with a band who ranked 3rd in state last year and choirs for all experiences. The faculty and staff are extremely helpful and caring. They all strive to help the students thrive. The student body are welcoming, encouraging people who make the school who it is. Lakeville south is a great school for anyone who cafes about their academics, electives and extracurriculars, and fine arts.
The teachers at Lakeville South are very caring and understanding. When you come to class they always ask how you are feeling, what you feel we need to go over more, and what you plan on doing during the upcoming weekend. Knowing that there is always someone there to brighten up your day is what makes this such a great school to go to. The students are kind, there are a variety of classes to take, and the lunch actually isn't terrible like I'm sure some other schools don't have the privilege of having. The only thing that I feel is not too notch is preparation of post secondary education. They do offer/advise many AP classes, which is great but there really isn't any way that the staff helps students find a career that they are interested in. I hope that they can help students more in the future, than just giving them a one-time online test on career clusters. Despite this one shortcoming, Lakeville South is a great place to spend four years bonding with friends and staff alike.