Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade A minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Lakeville South High School is a highly rated, public school located in Lakeville, MN. It has 1,809 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 59% of students are at least proficient in math and 78% in reading.
Lakeville South High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A313 Students
- grade A146 Students
- grade A+141 Students
- grade B109 Students
- grade B+109 Students
- grade A92 Students
- grade B88 Students
- grade A83 Students
- grade A81 Students
- grade B+77 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 79 responses
- Prom, pep rallys. football games25%
- Football games10%
- Hockey games8%
- Pep rallies8%
- Theatrical events6%
- Sceince show5%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 29 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$13,192 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 40 responses
Schools like Lakeville South High School
- grade ALakeville North High School
- Lakeville Public School District, MN
- Rating 3.95 out of 5 299 reviews
- grade APrior Lake High School
- Prior Lake-Savage Area Schools, MN
- Rating 3.93 out of 5 393 reviews
- grade ARosemount Senior High School
- Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan Independent School District No. 196, MN
- Rating 3.91 out of 5 303 reviews
- grade ANorthfield Senior High School
- Northfield Public School District, MN
- Rating 4 out of 5 167 reviews
Lakeville South High School Reviews
Rating 3.93 out of 5 261 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Being at Lakeville South Highschool, brings a lot of great energy at festival in the school. Where as it's a school where diversity tend to be. Being here not only showed me how great the teacher are but it showed me that everyone in the school cares about how you feel as a person! Being an African American who moved from a different school during sophomore year. I can tell you personally that when I moved here, I was an introvert but being here made me and extrovert. People here create an environment where you feel safe, loved, wanted, and most importantly needed. The family and culture at Lakeville South is unbelievable, meaning everyone is part of something in the school. One last important thing that made me realize how great this school was when I had no idea about how to be ready for college but with the help of my deans, teachers,friends and family they have a system where they want EVERYONE to succeed no matter what race or gender you are.
When I entered high school, I didn't imagine I would enjoy it as much as I currently do. Many of the teachers I have had are wonderful: They are funny, caring, and respectful. I have never felt enthusiastic about subjects taught in school until I had certain teachers. They helped me understand that learning can be fun. I've also created close friendships at this school. Overall, my experiences here have been more delightful than the experiences I've had at past schools. Something that I would like Lakeville South to improve on, though, is their art department. A lot of the funds are more focused on performing arts and sports, which is understandable since that is something to be prideful about, but the art department has declined in quality as the years pass by. It's likely partly due to the lack of art teachers. I think art is an under-appreciated subject, so I'd like it if the department gets more attention.
I have absolutely loved my time at Lakeville south. The staff is amazing, as they genuinely care about their students. If I ever needed anything, I always knew I could talk to any person in the school about it. I also got an amazing education. The teachers were absolutely amazing!