Lakeville South High School is a highly rated, public school located in Lakeville, MN. It has 1,825 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 59% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
Lakeville South High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+220 Students
- A+95 Students
- A89 Students
- B70 Students
- B+68 Students
- B+61 Students
- A56 Students
- A56 Students
- B+51 Students
- B-50 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 68 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Schools like Lakeville South High School
- ALakeville North High School
- Lakeville Public School District, MN
- 266 reviews
- APrior Lake High School
- Prior Lake-Savage Area Schools, MN
- 349 reviews
- ARosemount Senior High School
- Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan Independent School District No. 196, MN
- 268 reviews
- ANorthfield Senior High School
- Northfield Public School District, MN
- 143 reviews
Lakeville South High School Reviews
I loved my experience at Lakeville Sputh High School! The teachers are so nice, the students are kind, and the deans/principal really know how to show leadership. The school has a wide variety of clubs and activities to join too! The only thing I'd like to see is more diversity. We live in a very low diverse community. Lakeville South is very welcoming, but I'd love to see new people and learn about new cultures.
LSHS has been a great learning environment and offers a tremendous amount of variety in course selection and college preparation. LSHS is slowly growing in their diversity throughout the school and has amazing clubs, activities, culture, and resources available to me as a student. I have always felt that our administration has keep our facility safe and always has the students best interest at heart. In the future I think LSHS would benefit their students by involving parents in the steps for getting to college, the importance of grades, when scholarships and standardized (ACT/SAT) testing should be completed, and just the overall navigation through the college selection, admission, and financial qualification process.
Very non-diverse, unwelcoming, not a great experience for female person of color. Went here all four years, and have never hated high school more than anything. Lunch ladies wore trump stickers, and students openly were racists and did not face discipline. Teacher's were very biased towards certain students. Cause myself to attend PSEO over attending high school classes.