Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Lakeville North High School is a highly rated, public school located in Lakeville, MN. It has 1,769 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Lakeville North High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A314 Students
- A+179 Students
- A139 Students
- B+112 Students
- B103 Students
- B94 Students
- A93 Students
- B+72 Students
- A65 Students
- B+61 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.32 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.32 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.48 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.47 responses
Schools like Lakeville North High School
- ALakeville South High School
- Lakeville Public School District, MN
- 246 reviews
- APrior Lake High School
- Prior Lake-Savage Area Schools, MN
- 387 reviews
- ARosemount Senior High School
- Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan Independent School District No. 196, MN
- 295 reviews
- ANorthfield Senior High School
- Northfield Public School District, MN
- 159 reviews
Lakeville North High School Reviews
I have attended Lakeville North High School since 2017, and I am currently a senior there. Overall, my experience has been great. The majority of teachers are very connected with their students and their subjects. Athletics there are awesome as well, and there are a ton of different clubs and groups that you can join!
This school is typical of any public high school. Excelling in things such as athletics and scholarship opportunities, but still lacking on a unified community with everyone in the school. With the 30+ class sizes and disappointing teacher to student ratio, some students lack the one on one attention they need. Of no fault to the teachers, there are too many students in each classroom. Either a renovation with new classrooms needs to be added, or more numerous class periods with overlapping graduation requirements. For example, advanced classes that cover the needed materials for graduation, like PLTW BioMedical program, based off of the years taken, could cover the graduation requirements for biology, chemistry, and general physics if the curriculum was tweaked. This allowing fewer students in those required classes and more in class experience for Pre-Medical based students.
Studying at Lakeville north gave me a sense of safety and college readiness. Lakeville north offers incredible opportunities in its sports and activities that motivate you to explore and be better at what you want to do. And all these special opportunities are ran by an incredible staff, who have been entrusted to lead all the activists including academics and extra curricular activities to success;- which includes giving the students a sense of hard work and determination and always putting their education first.