Lakeville North High School is a highly rated, public school located in Lakeville, MN. It has 1,780 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 58% of students are at least proficient in math and 68% in reading.
Lakeville North High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+203 Students
- A+118 Students
- A80 Students
- B74 Students
- A61 Students
- B+59 Students
- B52 Students
- A-43 Students
- B+40 Students
- A39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Schools like Lakeville North High School
- ALakeville South High School
- Lakeville Public School District, MN
- 202 reviews
- APrior Lake High School
- Prior Lake-Savage Area Schools, MN
- 334 reviews
- ARosemount Senior High School
- Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan Independent School District No. 196, MN
- 254 reviews
- ANorthfield Senior High School
- Northfield Public School District, MN
- 137 reviews
Lakeville North High School Reviews
Lakeville North has a great academic record being named a "Blue Ribbon School of Excellence". The AP programs offered are really well run and there is a fair amount of "National Merit Scholars" produced every year. The teachers seem to really care about the students they help create a really encouraging, safe culutre around the school. Lakeville North offers one of the best sports progams in the state with state championship titles in Hockey, Volleyball, Baseball, Dance, and numerous others. Their extracurricular activies are also very noteworthy with an impressive Speech and Debate team along with DECA, HOSA, and others. However, one downside to this school and district is the lack of diversity and cultures. The student body and staff is all lacking diversity.
At lakeville north high school, we have a very tight knit community, with helpful teachers and encouraging staff. The academics are excellent and although sometimes have a rigorous curriculum, push us students here and LNHS to work even harder! The school takes extra time to help us prepare for the ACTs, SATs, and more information about colleges. Our sports are top notch, going to state in most activities. We have a very large range of clubs, from business related such as DECA and YIG, to health and science related like HOSA or MNCAPS. All in all, lakeville north is wonderful and accepting high school that I would highly recommend , because it will give you an experience & memories that last a lifetime!
Lakeville North taught me many important things. I also made great friendships. It was an amazing town to grow up in. I recommend this high school. I was able to join the cheerleading team for all of my years at LNHS. I made great relationships with fantastic teachers. I also felt very safe in the high school. Having a school resource officer was a great thing. My teachers always listened to what students had to say. At LNHS the athletics are also awesome!