Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Lakeview Secondary School is an above average, public school located in Cottonwood, MN. It has 292 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Lakeview Secondary School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B19 Students
- B-12 Students
- A9 Students
- A7 Students
- B+7 Students
- B6 Students
- A+6 Students
- B-5 Students
- B-5 Students
- A-4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responses
- Basketball games25%
- Football games25%
- Dance Line Performances6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Lakeview Secondary School
- A-Marshall High School
- Marshall Public School District, MN
- 164 reviews
- BYellow Medicine East High School
- Yellow Medicine East School District, MN
- 37 reviews
- B+Minneota Secondary School
- Minneota Public School District, MN
- 33 reviews
- NGEvery Child Has Opportunities Charter School
- Public School
- Echo, MN
- 4 reviews
Lakeview Secondary School Reviews
Wonderful school overall, my high school experience there was simply amazing. Not to mention the building itself is up to date and has a very welcoming atmosphere. I find myself telling my friends about high school at Lakeview all the time!
The teachers at Lakeview are great. They make themselves available outside of class time and are always willing to help. There's a variety of teaching styles, but it's a nice change from class to class. I believe that each teacher is very knowledgable in their topic.
We have some great clubs at Lakeview. For example, math league. It can really help with your math course too. A recent club we added is robotics, and they did great for their first year. Another club that has great success is mock trial. They put a lot of time into their club and it pays off each year.