Lakeside School is an elite, private school located in Seattle, WA. It has 838 students in grades 5-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. Tuition is $32,000 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 100% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Lakeside School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+78 Students
- A+56 Students
- A+51 Students
- A+46 Students
- A+45 Students
- A+42 Students
- A+41 Students
- A+39 Students
- A+34 Students
- A+33 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Lakeside School Reviews
I stayed at this school because of the academics, and I am so glad that I did. Every teacher here adores their subject. There are some teachers that aren't as good as others, but every teacher I've had here has at least loved their job. All teachers are free sometime between classes and encourage meeting. I got through Honors Precalculus by meeting with a teacher near every day.Many students are close with at least one teacher, and every teacher has a few students they are really close to. The focus seems to be in the STEM fields, but all classes are good (just not advertised as much). Students are diverse racially and economically (yes, not everyone is a rich kid here), but not so politically--it is very liberal. The academic rigor causes a great deal of stress and theres definite "stress competition". A lot of people don't sleep. Overall, the students are excited about their classes and there are definitely a lot of nerds.
Lakeside is for hard-workers who enjoys rigorous classes and deep discussions. Whether in class or at lunch, students are talking about current events or advocating for their passions. Most of the teachers are extraordinary; they are genuinely caring and always tries to be available for outside of the classroom help. Being among such high-achieving, talented students may be hard at times but their contributions do teach me a lot. It has made me love being a small fish in a big pond.
Lakeside is not for the fainthearted. I attended the school from the 5th-12th grade. The academics are of course top notch and prepare you well for college courses, but you should study HARD to keep up everything. Fortunately, teachers are more than accommodating and open to meeting with students during their free time. It is all too common to walk into the math office during any hour and see teachers helping students with homework, test/quiz corrections, etc. You must take the initiative to do well at Lakeside, though. You can't be embarrassed to ask questions when you're confused. Sensitivity has no place in the classroom, or at Lakeside in general. The school has a very competitive atmosphere- particularly when applying for colleges. That being said, students are mostly amicable. Sports are big Lakeside, and we generally do well.