Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Lakeside High School is a highly rated, public school located in Hot Springs, AR. It has 1,333 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 48% of students are at least proficient in math and 56% in reading.
Lakeside High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-312 Students
- B264 Students
- B-199 Students
- B165 Students
- B-144 Students
- B127 Students
- A-118 Students
- C+115 Students
- A95 Students
- B+65 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like Lakeside High School
- BLake Hamilton High School
- Lake Hamilton School District, AR
- 256 reviews
- B+Bismarck High School
- Bismarck School District, AR
- 78 reviews
- C+Jessieville High School
- Jessieville School District, AR
- 42 reviews
- BMagnet Cove High School
- Magnet Cove School District, AR
- 38 reviews
Lakeside High School Reviews
I would like to see change in the way problems are dealt with in Lakeside High School. They are moving forward tremendously with their new Restorative Justice program which is phenomenal to see the impact they have on the students. However, specifically the senior counselor, should be doing better. We used to have an incredible senior counselor, but sadly she retired. The new counselor, who has been a counselor for many years now isn't struggling, but is not productively communicating with her students. Seniors are struggling through their final year of high school with minimum knowledge of what the future holds for them. This counselor has not informed us of any scholarship information or any college information to be quite frank. This entire situation is frustrating, but because of the overwhelmingly helpful Lakeside teacher community we are getting information from our Math, English, and even arts teachers.
The school is always improving and teachers and administration are open to change. Funding for arts and sports are above average and nearly all teachers are happy to help students beyond normal expectations. Learning environment is very good, and the administration takes complaints or suggestions seriously. College planning is very in depth at Lakeside, and counselors are always available to help with any questions or processes involving college, going into the workforce, scholarships, or loans. Campus and classrooms are well maintained and nice.
I am proud to say that I will be a 14 year senior at Lakeside this year! I started when they first built the pre-school and I’ve seen many changes throughout my years here. I have always felt at home and have never had issues with the administration. They put the students first and listen to us for feedback on what they can do to improve. I’m gonna miss it but I’m excited to see where I end up.