Lakeside High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+184 Students
- NG122 Students
- A-87 Students
- A+66 Students
- B-47 Students
- B+45 Students
- A-40 Students
- B+35 Students
- A+33 Students
- A-32 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 50 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Lakeside High School Reviews
Review Lakeside High School
Many things about Lakeside High School are great; many things need change as well. The academics are great and most teachers actually teach. They get to make their own lesson plan and usually don't just go by the book. This makes it easy to understand. One of the worst things at Lakeside is the administration. At my middle school, they sat down with you and talked through your high school years. I recognize that high school is a lot bigger and they don't have as much time but, they don't really do anything. Another recently added rule is the bathroom passes. Now we have to carry a bright yellow/blue pass to the restroom and then bring it back. This is a great way to spread germs. There are positive things such as the actual facility and diversity. The school is kept clean by the hard-working custodians. They're are many different cultures at Lakeside. No one ethnicity or gender is left out of any certain class or club.
The teachers at Lakeside High School are all very good, they care about their students and their grades. Almost all of the teachers participate in some kind of club. Also, each elective pathway has highly educated professionals teaching exactly what needs to be known about any particular subject. There are also many AP classes to choose from, and each AP teacher is very smart and knows how to teach all of the material to the students without giving them too much work to do. One thing I would like to see changed is how the school's administration is run. Most counselors leave campus before noon, and thus cannot help a student when needed. Also, there should be a better connection between the school and the parents of the students.
Lakeside High School has taught me how to deal with some of life's many challenges. Through the years I have learned a lot about life, and its many disappointments. Some disappointments in life make you question everything you believe to be true. When you find yourself questioning everything you've learned in life you have to stop, and take inventory of what you have accomplished then you'll find that those obstacles have been the cornerstone of your dreams. Through tough times you'll soon discover that many dreams you have accomplished in life are developed in your darkest moments you face during those tough times. I will keep dreaming, and working hard because one day my hard work will make my dreams become a reality.