Lakeside High School is a highly rated, public school located in Evans, GA. It has 1,681 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 66% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
Lakeside High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+327 Students
- B195 Students
- B+176 Students
- A+118 Students
- B+108 Students
- B98 Students
- A+91 Students
- A-87 Students
- B71 Students
- B-55 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 93 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.50 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
Lakeside High School Reviews
The students that attend Lakeside High School are very competitive; however, I do not enjoy school as much because it is very academic oriented. I wish there were field trips that were more enjoyable yet a learning experience at the same time. Other than that, Lakeside is a great school to attend, and the students are easy to get along with for the most part. Also, the marching band program is terrific!
Academically, LHS offers many opportunities for different fields, offers many AP courses and is now offering the IB program. The teachers will definitely challenge you, but that's not to say that there is no fun. Clubs and organizations were very active and attempted to involve every student in the school, and new clubs could be started simply with a teacher as a sponsor. Student life was something to be proud of, especially with the support at games, involvement of students in all aspects of the school, and get-togethers outside of the school. Joining teams and volunteering time to athletic programs was easy since information was constantly released or teachers could offer this info. Attendance, bullying and bad behavior were taken very seriously, and students were encouraged to tell administrators if anything was wrong. Fights that did occur were easily be dispersed. School safety definitely became a topic of great importance, and the drills were regularly done.
There's a lot of interesting people at the school and most of the teachers are very friendly. Not all the teachers are good at passing on information, however and do not prepare students for end of the year testing. The school is very crowded and has more students occupying it than there should be. The school could also use an upgrade in technology because even though it does have new laptops and chromebooks, some of the computers don't load things very well and don't always play videos properly in class. There aren't enough counselors in the school to handle the amount of students there, so most students don't get much help from the guidance office. Some of the office people are a bit rude and don't care for the students much.