Lakeside High School is a highly rated, public school located in Evans, GA. It has 1,717 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Lakeside High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+377 Students
- B232 Students
- B+207 Students
- B147 Students
- A+139 Students
- B+117 Students
- B116 Students
- A+108 Students
- B84 Students
- C+65 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 94 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.51 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.54 responses
Lakeside High School Reviews
Throughout my years at Lakeside High School, I have gone through many experiences. The good experiences do outweigh the bad ones, but there is always room to grow in every situation. I enjoyed the teachers and how they were determined to make our learning experiences fun. The teachers always knew how to make students comfortable and give the appropriate amount of attention to help them succeed. At Lakeside, I felt very safe physically and emotionally. I could not name all of my amazing experiences, because there are too many to tell. Although it is an amazing environment, I feel as though the administration could improve their communication with the students. I felt as though I was not aware of many of the events happening involving my school. I also believe the guidance counselors could communicate with the students their plans, GPA, scholarship opportunities, and more. I am a firm believer that Lakeside High School is an astonishing school. Go panthers!
The past four years I have spent at Lakeside High School has been a rollercoaster. When I was an underclassman, all the upperclassmen said that junior year would be the hardest year and they were right. I took harder classes than I did the previous years, but I got through it. The teachers at Lakeside are willing to help you if you are struggling, which I was during my junior year. What I loved most about Lakeside is softball. Softball provided me with so many different friendships and memories that I will cherish for the rest of my life. It was hard to juggle my school work and softball, but my teachers helped me a lot. Another experience I loved about Lakeside would have to be the student body's love for sports. There is usually tons of students that come to the sports events. As a softball player I know that having a crowd motivates the team to do better in the game. I would not want to go to any other high school, but Lakeside.
The students that attend Lakeside High School are very competitive; however, I do not enjoy school as much because it is very academic oriented. I wish there were field trips that were more enjoyable yet a learning experience at the same time. Other than that, Lakeside is a great school to attend, and the students are easy to get along with for the most part. Also, the marching band program is terrific!