Lakeside High School is a highly rated, public school located in Atlanta, GA. It has 2,196 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 44% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
Lakeside High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+450 Students
- B+431 Students
- A+224 Students
- B+214 Students
- B191 Students
- A+176 Students
- B132 Students
- B-103 Students
- B-103 Students
- A-101 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.42 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.42 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.58 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.63 responses
Lakeside High School Reviews
Interesting experience, I moved here my sophomore year. It had a different atmosphere then my last school. Making friends was a lot easier then, I thought it would have been especially because of the school size being 2000+ students. Academically the school can be considered top notch in DeKalb County, although, there have been incidents were some teachers I personally feel are unqualified to teach. Overall I would recommend this school to those who want to further their experience and education, due to the large amount of opportunities offered here.
Lakeside was not the worst school one could attend, but it definitely wasn’t the best. The spirit running through the school was high, and it was demonstrated in spirit week, homecoming week, football games, and exciting pep rallies that would be put together for the students. The teachers at Lakeside are dedicated to teaching, but there are some teachers that everyone at the school knows shouldn’t be teaching. Being close to Atlanta, Lakeside is the most diverse school I’ve attended. Most of the students are nice, and as long as you keep to your friend group and don’t bother anyone else, you’re sure to have a good experience.
Lakeside was a nice 4-year experience, I met many lifelong friends and had many opportunities to better myself within the school. Most teachers strive to help you pass and give tutorials before and/or after school and others not so much. I seldom had problems at the school other then some of the teachers. Many clubs are offered to help students build certain traits and build them for the future. There is a lot of diversity at the school even though it may look mostly caucasian. Many sports are offered and scouters come a lot. Many end up getting signed at colleges if the performance is good.