Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Lakeshore High School is a highly rated, public school located in Stevensville, MI. It has 904 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 1% of students are at least proficient in math and 2% in reading.
Lakeshore High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A186 Students
- B+162 Students
- B+131 Students
- A+117 Students
- C-89 Students
- B62 Students
- B58 Students
- A-41 Students
- C+41 Students
- A39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 55 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Lakeshore High School Reviews
Lakeshore has excellent scientific and musical teacher bodies that truly care about their students, and there are hardly complaints. There are many opportunities for students to connect with their community through clubs and extracurricular events, as well as a recent addition of a study abroad program. The math department of the school has been a bit lackluster in the past, but recently the number of students taking advanced math classes has grown every year as they continue to excel in their studies. I have been a Lakeshore student since Kindergarten, and the motto of "Tradition of Excellence" truly describes the mentality of the staff and students of this school.
Lakeshore High School values whole student education. They go beyond test scores and focus on educating students in more than just content. They have great community support. Lakeshore offers rigorous courses and many extra curricular activities for students to get involved in. These include athletics, band, robotics and many career technical opportunities.
My favorite part of Lakeshore High School is the people in it. Even if we don't know each other, we all look out for one another. Rather help out other students with their homework, or being kind to someone in need. Something I would love to see change is the interior design of the school. It seems very outdated, and the new things they added don't make any sense. I have attended Lakeshore Public Schools since I could. I couldn't have asked for anything better I have created so many memories here that I will never forget.