Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Laker High School is a public school located in Pigeon, MI. It has 283 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 5% in reading.
Laker High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B74 Students
- B53 Students
- B-40 Students
- A38 Students
- B-34 Students
- A+22 Students
- B+21 Students
- B+18 Students
- B16 Students
- B-15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 10 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Schools like Laker High School
- B-Ubly Community High School
- Ubly Community Schools, MI
- 51 reviews
- B-Unionville-Sebewaing High School
- Unionville-Sebewaing Area School District, MI
- 66 reviews
- BBad Axe High School
- Bad Axe Public Schools, MI
- 77 reviews
- C+Cass City Junior/Senior High School
- Cass City Public Schools, MI
- 80 reviews
Laker High School Reviews
Laker High School is a good high school, but like every high school it has its flaws. I enjoyed learning under most of the staff here; most of them were very friendly and easy to get along with. This school focuses the vast majority of their time and money on men's sports, the main one being football. This school is very discriminatory towards the arts, and often puts it behind everything else. I have seen countless circumstances where certain art programs within this school were given unfair treatment. This is one of the many things this school can improve on.
I had a great high school experience at Laker High. I enjoyed the extracurricular activities such as science Olympiad, FFA, volleyball, track, Interact club, etc. where I built great relationships with other students and learned leadership skills. All the teachers are wonderful and help students learn to their fullest ability. I truly enjoyed my high school experience at Laker High School
One of the best schools in the area. Although there are no AP classes, the dual enrollment courses offered through the tech center provide students with a taste of college, while earning college credits for free, as long as the class is passed.