Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Lakeland Regional High School is an above average, public school located in Wanaque, NJ. It has 930 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
Lakeland Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B146 Students
- B135 Students
- A116 Students
- B+95 Students
- B-92 Students
- A-86 Students
- A+59 Students
- B+59 Students
- B59 Students
- B+50 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.32 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.32 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.48 responses
Schools like Lakeland Regional High School
- B-Jefferson Township High School
- Jefferson Township School District, NJ
- 81 reviews
- AEmerson Junior/Senior High School
- Emerson Public School District, NJ
- 71 reviews
- BCedar Grove High School
- Cedar Grove Township School District, NJ
- 135 reviews
- B+Waldwick High School
- Waldwick School District, NJ
- 48 reviews
Lakeland Regional High School Reviews
Lakeland Regional High school is one of the better school I’ve seen. When it comes to bullying, I have yet to witness any harsh words coming out of people’s mouths. Positivity is spread around the school. The teachers are extremely helpful when it comes to extra help. They are always there to give you a hand when you’re struggling and feel as though you’re falling behind your peers. The lunch is amazing - especially the mashed potatoes and the spicy chicken sandwiches. The bathrooms are clean and compared to other schools I’ve visited for sports, our sinks are a lot cleaner as well as our stalls. The classrooms are covered with posters that spread positivity and some even cracking a few jokes. The atmosphere is just amazing there and it’s easy to talk to just about anyone. The teachers are understanding and will answer any questions you have about your future to the best of their ability. Overall, Lakeland Regional High school is one of a kind.
I've had a good three years at Lakeland Regional, though the third has been cut short by COVID-19. Lakeland has given me the opportunity to expand my horizons, allowing me to take part in activities that include all of my countless interests. Lakeland's academics challenge me, but they also prepare me for whatever path college will put me on in a year and a half. Lakeland has friendly staff and I have been able to easily communicate with faculty throughout my time at the school. The student body has given me some of the best friends I've ever had in my entire life. Overall, my experience at Lakeland has formed me into the person I am today and helped me figure out what I want to do with my life. It has inspired me, connected me to others, and gave me experiences I will cherish.
My experience at Lakeland will be one I will never forget. From the amazing teaching staff to the administrators. The academics and sports programs here are second to none! I’m certainly sad to be leaving such a wondeful place this coming June. But it is great knowing that by attending Lakeland these past 4 years, it made me who I am which prepared me forthe next chapter of my life at college.