Lakeland High School is an above average, public school located in White Lake, MI. It has 1,413 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 43% of students are at least proficient in math and 68% in reading.
Lakeland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A223 Students
- B153 Students
- B+145 Students
- B121 Students
- A+118 Students
- B+116 Students
- C+88 Students
- B+71 Students
- B-56 Students
- B47 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
Lakeland High School Reviews
Lakeland High School has contributed overall to my education and livelihood as an academic student and adult. My high school conditioned me to be prepared for any academic situation life would throw at me. The way I study and retain information that pertains to my career is derived from the tools Lakeland High School taught me. The resources that my high school education equipped me with have driven my current success in my college career. For example, note-taking, flashcards, online resources, supplemental videos, and ways of interpreting information. My teachers impacted my life directly by nurturing my well-being and my drive for success and knowledge. And for that I am very grateful.
My overall high school experience at Lakeland was okay. My biggest problems with the school are first, the lack of diversity and second, the lack of care/funding for the art programs. As a theatre student it was hard and unnecessary for me to be working with theatre technology from the early 80s. Not only is the theatre under funded, so is the band, choir and visual arts. There is also the problem of diversity. Most of the students attending are straight, cis white people. There is little to no people of color. The LGBT community is there but they are usually shunned from the community. It is disheartening to see people having to hide who they are when they are growing up, including myself.
I have went to Lakeland for 3, going on 4 years now. The people at the school are the main thing that makes the experience extremely enjoyable. Every teacher, student, parent, and admin add to the welcoming community we all take pride in. However, the facilities and diversity at the school leave something to be desired. It isn't uncommon for more than half of the bathrooms to be closed and over 90% of the student and faculty are caucasian which can be very uncomfortable if coming from somewhere with a more mixed racial background.