Lakeland High School is a highly rated, public school located in Shrub Oak, NY. It has 989 students in grades PK, 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Lakeland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-110 Students
- A-98 Students
- B78 Students
- A+71 Students
- A63 Students
- A-60 Students
- B+56 Students
- A+54 Students
- B54 Students
- A53 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 57 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
Cost is for the most complete schedule offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Lakeland High School
- AWalter Panas High School
- Lakeland Central School District, NY
- 254 reviews
- A-Mahopac High School
- Mahopac Central School District, NY
- 277 reviews
- AWestlake High School
- Mount Pleasant Central School District, NY
- 130 reviews
- ABrewster High School
- Brewster Central School District, NY
- 183 reviews
Lakeland High School Reviews
Lakeland is a place for growth, adaption, and, most importantly, love. Over my 12 years as a student in this district, I have met a fantastic group of friends, and I have had teachers that I all wish could win the lottery. The teachers at Lakeland care about you, they want to see you succeed in life, and they do everything in their power to help you. I was always an outgoing child, almost to outgoing, and Lakeland is a place where you are accepted as you are, loud Italian voice and all. Three weeks into my freshman year, my father passed away. The days following my father's passing, families, and sports teams in the district filled my home with love and support. All of the sports teams, including coaches, all came together and comforted my mother; it is because of them, three years later, I am writing this. My major in college will be education, and one day I hope to come back to Lakeland and teach. Lakeland is the district I would pick in a heartbeat to raise my future children.
I wish I went to like Yorktown HS, or a private one(not Kennedy HS, that's worse), but this school has good standards as a high school, but don't expect to get into a college that is top 50 unless your like high high honor roll. Kind of wish I went to like Mamaroneckor Scarsdale HS, at least I can get into a real college, not just a SUNY. Good for kids if you want them to get an average job and life, like a teacher or psychologist. Most of the kids there will probably not be exciting when they are older; some kids are amazing, it just sucks that they went to this school.
I moved to Lakeland high school during my junior year. I moved from Yonkers. It was hard at first to make friends and to fit in.But after a couple of weeks, I started to like the school. The school offers better school lunch, offer more classes and clubs. Everybody is nice to each other. No fights, no bullying, no problems. I enjoy being part of the lakeland family.