Lake View High School is a public school located in San Angelo, TX. It has 1,162 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 69% of students are at least proficient in math and 48% in reading.
Lake View High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-234 Students
- A+79 Students
- A-78 Students
- B+54 Students
- A+52 Students
- B40 Students
- C+38 Students
- A37 Students
- A35 Students
- B+30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 80 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Schools like Lake View High School
- B+Central High School
- San Angelo Independent School District, TX
- 333 reviews
- BGrape Creek High School
- Grape Creek Independent School District, TX
- 78 reviews
- A-Miles High School
- Miles Independent School District, TX
- 18 reviews
- B+Veribest High School
- Veribest Independent School District, TX
- 19 reviews
Lake View High School Reviews
Lake View has been a blessing in my last four years. People are so close and caring for each other here. In this city many people will disagree with me because Lake View is constantly treated poorly by the other schools nearby. However, this place is my home and the friends I have made here are my family. The teachers are caring and want nothing but the best for their students. The faculty also sets great examples to the students by constantly going to conferences, and back to school so that they can continue improving.
I love this school with everything that i have. This school has made me the person I am today. This is because of the teachers and friends that i have inside the school. Although on the opposite end of things, I do have to say the the involvement by the students and by the parents are absolutely terrible.
Lake View is an amazing community. The students of my class were amazing. We were always willing to help each other even when the teacher wasn't. Most of the teachers at Lake View were amazing. They knew that we were just students and that we are trying our hardest. However, some teachers were just rude and didn't try to help anyone. The office staff for the most part were understanding of situations, but the principals could take things out of context sometimes. They are very serious and rarely let students have fun. They threatened to ban pep rallies because of a joke made by the juniors. It happened once and they took it the wrong way. Other than their lack of humor the principals are pretty cool, especially Mr. Walters. He's a cool guy and is patient with students.