Lake Shore Senior High School is a public school located in Angola, NY. It has 798 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 93% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Lake Shore Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-94 Students
- B81 Students
- C+50 Students
- C+36 Students
- B-35 Students
- B+25 Students
- B25 Students
- B-24 Students
- A-24 Students
- A+23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 29 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Lake Shore Senior High School
- B-Gowanda High School
- Gowanda Central School District, NY
- 45 reviews
- C+Lackawanna High School
- Lackawanna City School District, NY
- 23 reviews
- B-Silver Creek High School
- Silver Creek Central School District, NY
- 54 reviews
- BFrontier Senior High School
- Frontier Central School District, NY
- 99 reviews
Lake Shore Senior High School Reviews
Lake Shore Senior High School is a public school located in Angola, New York. The average class size is around two hundred students. There are a lot of clubs and sports offered to students with any interests. There is also a variety of classes offered. Our music program is a tad lacking, especially in the orchestra department and our art program offers plenty opportunities. There is not very much diversity in our school, but we do have a large Native American population. I feel that I could have been better prepared for college in my classes, because I still do not fully understand all the things I need to do to apply for college or what to do when I get accepted.
Most teachers are passionate, readily available, and happy to help you! Staff is overall warm and inviting and so are the students. Makes you miss it all once you graduate!
I really like my experience at lakeshore so far. I came from a private school in Buffalo and all I can say is everything about this school is a bit better here than it was at my old school. The teachers are amazing. I love how they interact with the students and they always help me strive to be better. There aren’t very many AP classes here and the counseling is bothersome at times, but I still like it here. Although there are plenty of bad kids here there are also some really good ones too. I have made so many more friends here than I did at my previous school and I don’t ever feel regretful of coming here. I can finally get the help I need here and be myself for a change.