Lake Park High School is a highly rated, public school located in Roselle, IL. It has 2,600 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 54% in reading.
Lake Park High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+324 Students
- A-274 Students
- B-263 Students
- A-258 Students
- A-241 Students
- B+240 Students
- A+192 Students
- B172 Students
- A+155 Students
- B144 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.67 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.67 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 227 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.104 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.104 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.104 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.101 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.101 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.101 responses
Schools like Lake Park High School
- ALisle High School
- Lisle Community Unit School District No. 202, IL
- 95 reviews
- ARiverside Brookfield Township High School
- Public School
- Riverside, IL
- 255 reviews
- ASouth High School
- Community High School District No. 99, IL
- 370 reviews
- ARidgewood Community High School
- Public School
- Norridge, IL
- 155 reviews
Lake Park High School Reviews
I spent 3 years of my high school career there and it was the best decision I've ever made. From the start, I was overwhelmed by positivity, acceptance, resources, help and friends. My work ethic changed dramatically. I was diligent with my assignments and spent extra time in studying and extra credit. The amount of help and encouragement I've received from my teachers were out of bounds. My GPA went from a 3.0 to a 4.5. Academic wise lake park is amazing! As far as diversity and activities they are just as amazing. Lake park high school is open to all people of race and sexuality. They are all about positivity and helping others. Granted, they have the GSA club (Gender,Sexuality Alliance club) and Culture clubs such as Spanish, German and French. In fact, it's a requirement to take a foreign language for 2 years. I took Spanish for 3 years and was apart of the GSA club. Lake Park helped me achieve my academic and social goals.
I really love this school! I've gone here for my 4 years in high school and I absolutely love it! There are tons of clubs and sports, so there's something for everybody. The teachers are extremely helpful and supportive of every student. There are tons of AP courses that help prep students for college courses and they encourage each student to take the AP test in May. There are tons of school events like Powderpuff Football during Homecoming. They also celebrate everyone's accomplishments by doing Honor Roll student events. They even do a mini parade through the school with banners and the school band for students in extracurriculars who make it to competitions. It is a really wonderful environment to learn in.
Lake Park High School has two campuses; freshman sophomores & junior seniors. Pretty much none of what I learned in my classes from freshman and sophomore year is in my long term memory. I was taught to memorize for the tests and quizzes and now I don’t remember any valuable information. I am appreciating the options of senior year and the freedom of selection of my classes (finally). The teachers’ and staff salaries are posted for public view and they speak for themselves. My gym teacher makes twice what their spouse makes who is an AP English teacher! The insane amount spent on so many deans, vice principals, principals, and superintendents, is wasted on people who do very little work in their day to day life. Seeing the corruption in my school system for the past four years has shown me how cruel the world is that we live in.