Lake Oconee Academy is a highly rated, public, charter school located in Greensboro, GA. It has 974 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 69% of students are at least proficient in math and 69% in reading.
Lake Oconee Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+17 Students
- B12 Students
- B8 Students
- A7 Students
- A6 Students
- A+6 Students
- B6 Students
- B+6 Students
- B+5 Students
- A+4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
Cost is for the most complete schedule offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Lake Oconee Academy Reviews
The academics are wonderful at Lake Oconee Academy. Teachers are always willing to work with a student and are reasonable for deadlines. Grades are very important at the school and the teachers want you to succeed. Hopefully, in the future the school will be less cliqued and more social in its student body.
Lake Oconee Acadmey is a great school to attend and also great for any student to thrive at. While being at LOA, I feel as though I have been greatly prepared for college and the world beyond high school. This school is not like others. At LOA everyone cares for each other. I have never seen a better staff than the staff at Lake Oconee Academy.
LOA pushes all students to do their best in a variety of fields. The teachers are encouraging and genuinely care about the success of their students. It is a competitive environment and the staff expects the best. The campus is incredibly clean and modern.