Lake Norman High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A136 Students
- A+112 Students
- B+111 Students
- A-95 Students
- B+89 Students
- A-82 Students
- B+69 Students
- A+41 Students
- A+37 Students
- A+36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 65 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Lake Norman High School Reviews
Review Lake Norman High School
Lake Norman High School teachers can vary. Most of the teachers I have had in my high school career are amazing! U have had a few teacher who were not as helpful as a resource but I believe most schools have that. Overall the teachers are very hands on and they teach multiple different styles, ones that best benefit the students. They communicate well with what is happening in classes, I have never not known when a test is or quiz. As we all know AP classes grading is stricter then your honors or academic classes but I have never witnessed or hear of any unfair grading. Overall a great school with a great environment.
With 3 children in High School at the same time, it can be quite challenging. Having said that, Lake Norman High has made it a pleasure and easy transition for them in every way. From the Sports Programs they offer and the great Coaches that teach them to the extensive amount of class choices and challenging classes offered with superb teachers, it has been an absolute great experience for my children coming to this school. Having two kids coming out of the IB program and another coming out of Langtree Charter, Lake Norman High made it an easy transition for all of them. There school counselor, Mrs. Lehew was great in helping them pick classes and in getting to know each of them personally to help them make decisions regarding their schedules. My children are thriving at this school. In my opinion, having a child/student come out of this High School, would be an asset to have in any University or College.
At Lake Norman we have multiple clubs and athletes. Clubs include Friends for Change, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Keywanettes, etc. Since there is a big variety of clubs there is basically one for everyone! Also sports is a big extracurricular activity at Lake Norman