Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Lake Norman Charter School is a highly rated, public, charter school located in Huntersville, NC. It has 2,105 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 59% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Lake Norman Charter School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+231 Students
- B+199 Students
- A+191 Students
- A-168 Students
- A134 Students
- B+125 Students
- B117 Students
- A87 Students
- B-55 Students
- A+52 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 63 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Schools like Lake Norman Charter School
- A+Pine Lake Preparatory School
- Public School
- Mooresville, NC
- 113 reviews
- A+Community School of Davidson
- Public School
- Davidson, NC
- 64 reviews
- ALincoln Charter School
- Public School
- Denver, NC
- 187 reviews
- AMyers Park High School
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, NC
- 424 reviews
Lake Norman Charter School Reviews
Overall a great school! Need more diversity and inclusion. Clean ffers expanded information about important aspects of school quality — including student access to advanced courses, student progress information, and equity data to help parents see whether or not all students are being served similarly parents across the country can use to support their children’s education and take action to improve their local schools. We’re incorporating this rich data to ensure that our school ratings reflect factors that we know are important to parents and that research shows are connected to students’ success in college and life.
Although LNC has a positive reputation as a productive learning environment, this school ruined my mental health by making academics competitive. LNC makes a sport out of which student can be the most "successful" and by successful they mean exhausted and overworked. They encourage students (especially upperclassmen) to take a full load of AP courses, play a sport (or two), join and lead clubs, and participate in honors societies. Students I was close with had mental health problems develop ver the course of their time there (especially depression and anxiety) but continued on the same rigorous schedule as the year before. We might have graduated wit good grade, but I can decisively say it wasn't worth it.
This is my first year attending LNC and so far it has been very good. This year due to the pandemic many schools including mine have been making the change from going to school to going fully remote. Lake Norman Charter has made this difficult change to become easy for students. Everything is on one website (Schoology) and very organized. I know exactly what to do and when it is due. All of my teacher that I have at LNC are very understanding and have no problem helping you, you can tell that the teacher want to teach. Every week they set a day aside so that we can catch up, get free counseling, and tutoring. They understand that online learning is not for everyone and I believe that they are doing everything they can to make those children more comfortable and understand the curriculum.