Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepD+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Lake Marion High School & Technology Center is a public, magnet school located in Santee, SC. It has 716 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Lake Marion High School & Technology Center Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-197 Students
- B+190 Students
- A189 Students
- B182 Students
- B-176 Students
- A155 Students
- B+146 Students
- C+136 Students
- C+120 Students
- B99 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 92 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Lake Marion High School & Technology Center Reviews
I enjoyed it, I wish they took the education more serious though. They focus more on our dress code than our education. Our education is more important than anything!
My 4 years at Lake Marion were very learningful and achieving. I learned many things thanks to the wonderful teachers there preparing us for college. The atmosphere at Lake Marion was very astonishing. The kids are respectful and it's very diversed. There are so many clubs/organizations that can help you later in life. You develop friendships that'll last a lifetime. One thing I would change about this school is that they should have more career specialized classes for future students so they can have more opportunities. Overall, Lake Marion High School is a very great school and I recommend it as the best school in the state of South Carolina.
My experience with Lake Marion was good and bad. It’s a learning experience with teachers , students & administrators. The school sometimes is very poor with our learning environment because we are not getting as much knowledge as we should. They should change that before the younger kids of the world today reach high school. I would change a lot about the school starting with teachers. Teachers that have 1 on 1 & better learning pace for kids would be so much better. Also change the administration’s because they rather see kids out of school than inside of school. Everyone deserves a good change with school because the future starts with us !