Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Lake Lure Classical Academy is a public, charter school located in Lake Lure, NC. It has 510 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 60% in reading.
Lake Lure Classical Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-20 Students
- B+13 Students
- A+12 Students
- B11 Students
- A+11 Students
- B10 Students
- B10 Students
- B7 Students
- B+6 Students
- B-5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 20 responses
- Dress Down Days20%
- Softball games10%
- Spirit Week10%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Lake Lure Classical Academy Reviews
We have 3 children attending this school. The staff and teachers are awesome! This school is geared towards individual learning and we believe our kids are excelling above and beyond compared to a public school environment due to classroom size. All teachers are very communicative with us, which feels very personalized. The report card rating is very unfair on this site. The school currently has no cafeteria, so pack lunches! Not a problem period. Administration is great, so the D minus is not a fair assumption. Our kids absolutely love Lake Lure Classical Academy!
My time here at Lake Lure Classical Academy has been interesting at the least. I came to the school was I was in 8th grade, and it has been like no other school that I have been to. Upon coming to the school I realized that I would be going to school in trailers and an old plaza. When our classes went to PE, we did not go in a gym, we would walk down to the park at Lake Lure. From our classrooms we could see the beautiful sight of Chimney Rock. Although going to school in trailers was not the ideal situation, most of our teachers did not give up on us. They stood behind us students and encouraged us to persevere through the struggles we were facing. In the beginning of the 2015 school year we got a beautiful new school. Lake Lure Classical Academy is a wonderful school that I would encourage parents in the nearby areas to look into for their children. I have said it once and I will say it again, ¨I am a Raptor, couldn't be prouder, if you cant here me I will say it a little louder!
Lake Lure Classical Academy is a nice, small school that allows students to stay connected to one another and the teachers. Books and technology are lacking but that does not stop the students from learning. LLCA even offers dual enrollment classes through Isothermal Community College that allows students to get college credit in high school.