Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Lake Hamilton High School is an above average, public school located in Pearcy, AR. It has 996 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 51% in reading.
Lake Hamilton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-302 Students
- B288 Students
- B-236 Students
- B225 Students
- B-218 Students
- B179 Students
- C+119 Students
- A-74 Students
- B-72 Students
- B+53 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 47 responses
- Black Light Pep Rally26%
- Football homecoming23%
- Senior Night9%
- Decorating the halls for homecoming6%
- Soccer Games6%
- Alma Mater4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
Schools like Lake Hamilton High School
- C+Cutter-Morning Star High School
- Cutter-Morning Star School School District, AR
- 39 reviews
- B-Fountain Lake Charter High School
- Fountain Lake School District, AR
- 120 reviews
- B+Bismarck High School
- Bismarck School District, AR
- 78 reviews
- ALakeside High School
- Lakeside School District (Hot Springs), AR
- 170 reviews
Lake Hamilton High School Reviews
Lake Hamilton High School has been an experience with mixed emotions. I believe that many students are prepared to enter the work force or college with average readiness. If the student tries in their classes and has good grades then they are viewed as a student who will be successful in the future and are not worried about. However, I believe that students who do not have as good a home life as others do not get the learning they should be receiving. I believe that students who are viewed as “troubled” or “problematic” are pushed to the side. A specific amount of teachers choose not to help these students as they wish to get through the day with no problems and just earn a paycheck. This low standard is not the case with every teacher though, as many teachers go out of there way to help students achieve what they would like for the future. Lake Hamilton High School should put a higher effort in to the hiring of these administrators who have a pleasure in bettering students.
I know that, comparatively, Lake Hamilton is one of the better high schools in Arkansas and in my area, but there is still so much that could be improved in this school. Many students feel neglected, and there is very low school spirit because most of us feel like this school treats its students like crap. Not to mention most of the teachers are either bad at teaching or they just don't care. You have a few good ones, but for the most part the teachers and curriculum and the administration just serve to confuse and stress out the students to the point that most of us have joked about killing ourselves if it meant that we didn't have to deal with this school and its BS. Most of us do not like Lake Hamilton, and feel no pride about our high school. We also make fun of the school by mocking our motto, "School of Champions", when things go wrong or are unsavory because the people who are in charge are either incompetent or don't know what they're doing.
The school is great academics and is overall a great place to be in, however in the case of health concerns and coronavirus temperatures should have been taken everyday before entering the building because the amounts of cases and quarantines has been very high.