Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA+
Lake George Junior/Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Lake George, NY. It has 430 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Lake George Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-28 Students
- C20 Students
- A-18 Students
- B-18 Students
- A18 Students
- A17 Students
- B+17 Students
- A-17 Students
- A+16 Students
- B+16 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 10 responses
- Spirit week30%
- Caroling in the hallways the day before Xmas break20%
- Homecoming game20%
- Pep rallies10%
- Spirit Week10%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Lake George Junior/Senior High School
- BGlens Falls Senior High School
- Glens Falls City School District, NY
- 93 reviews
- B+Queensbury Senior High School
- Queensbury Union Free School District, NY
- 179 reviews
- BSouth Glens Falls Senior High School
- South Glens Falls Central School District, NY
- 125 reviews
- C+Bolton Central School
- Bolton Central School District, NY
- PK, K-12
- 23 reviews
Lake George Junior/Senior High School Reviews
My academic experience at Lake George has been incredible. I'm currently a junior and have been a member of the community since second grade. I've always been appreciative of my school and where I live. However, during this pandemic my appreciation has merely grown. They genuinely have the students in mind and want the best for every ones future. The school is very small, and this allowed me to literally grow up with the people around me. Everyone knows each other personally, and I feel like the school is just a big family. I know this is uncommon and would probably be my favorite thing about the school. With that being said, there's not much diversity at Lake George. It's defiantly been a goal of theirs to expand the diversity. I hope to see them achieve this in the future!
As my Senior year has been cut short by the pandemic I look back at the last 6 years spent at Lake George Junior/Senior High School. I can honesty say that my years attending there have been wonderful. I was allowed to interact socially, academically and emotionally with everyone. Not being able to finish the last few months have made me heartbroken from missing my classes, teachers and the many friends I have had over the years. I have not only gained the skills and education to become successful but I have been taught by the wonderful staff that my future will need for me to continue in college. I have felt part of a "family" at Lake George and I will never forget my time there. I am now ready to start new experiences and aim for success thanks to LAKE GEORGE HIGH SCHOOL!!
Lake George Jr/Sr High School provided an amazing educational experience. Lake George is a Public School but provides a private school education! Amazing opportunities for academic, artistic and athletic events. Should be rated #1 as far as I am concerned!