Lake Forest High School is a top rated, public school located in Lake Forest, IL. It has 1,696 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 33% in reading.
Lake Forest High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+161 Students
- A+148 Students
- A91 Students
- A+79 Students
- A+77 Students
- A-76 Students
- A76 Students
- A+71 Students
- A+68 Students
- A61 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 42 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Lake Forest High School
- A+Deerfield High School
- Township High School District No. 113, IL
- 275 reviews
- A+John Hersey High School
- Township High School District No. 214, IL
- 278 reviews
- A+Maine South High School
- Maine Township High School District No. 207, IL
- 445 reviews
- A+Glenbrook North High School
- Glenbrook High Schools District 225, IL
- 387 reviews
Lake Forest High School Reviews
The school itself is beautiful, the facilities are great and kept very clean. It has a wide range of classes that differ in difficulty. All students are encouraged to push themselves toward academic success. With the new hybrid block schedule students are given more of an opportunity to seek help from their academic teachers in the morning, instead of just having the opportunity during school, when a lot of the time the student and teacher's schedules don't match up. The school also puts an emphasis on sports and other extracurricular activities leaving students with an overwhelming list of things to participate in after school. The school also guides it's students towards reaching higher education with counselors ready and willing to assist their students in whatever they might need for the future. Overall the school has a welcoming atmosphere along with a variety of classes, clubs, sports, and other opportunities for students to exercise and expand their academic and life skills.
Well like most reviews it's mostly based on previous experience. For my 3 years completed at the high school, I've only really had 2 "bad" teachers, meaning they weren't effective and they were not approachable whatsoever. However for the rest of the teachers I've had, I cant even begin to describe how amazing they were. You can tell that the majority of the teachers here care a lot about their students and they are always willing to meet with you and help you in any way possible as long as you seek them out. They are also some of the most knowledgeable people I have ever met and are always willing to answer any questions you have . As an upperclassmen I always have questions regarding college and every teacher I've asked has given me so much advice. My math teacher has even stayed with me after class multiple times to help me figure out good ways to finance college and what I should be doing now to help keep afloat when it comes to paying for college! Lastly not only are these teachers some of the best educators I have ever known but they're also amazing and caring individuals, and are always concerned about their students well-being and how well each student is doing in their class.
LFHS is a learning community of an academically diverse group of students with different interests and different motivations. The opportunities provided to students allow them to truly thrive in any of their interests, and the staff is dedicated to helping students grow and succeed throughout their four years here.