COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
LFA re-opened its campus for in-person classes this past August. Updates regarding LFA's COVID-19 plans are on the lfanet.org/COVID-19 webpage. The Academy's admissions team is currently conducting various virtual sessions for prospective families to learn more about our programs. Please visit our website for dates and registration! Learn More
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
Lake Forest Academy attracts students who seek rich and rewarding learning experiences and relationships.
LFA's culture of participation is evident in every aspect of our vibrant boarding environment. Both day and boarding students are given the chance to meet new challenges with openness and curiosity, and develop the confidence to stretch beyond their comfort zones.
LFA's transformative boarding experience is characterized by rigorous academics, a global outlook, and Midwestern values.
Lake Forest Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+76 Students
- A+52 Students
- A+48 Students
- A+41 Students
- A+40 Students
- A+40 Students
- A+38 Students
- A+38 Students
- A+37 Students
- A+36 Students
Entrepreneurship at LFA: Paving One's Own Road
Students in the entrepreneurship class learn concepts of business and entrepreneurship with particular attention to economic theory. Students develop their own business models for franchise restaurants, a minor league sports franchise, a small business, and more! Guest speakers representing all industries from LFA's network of over 6000 alumni visit the class for networking opportunities.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Lake Forest Academy Reviews
Much has changed since I graduated over 50 years ago; now young men and women from all over the world study together at LFA. The traditional campus plan is just as beautiful but the 21st century facilities are state-of-the-art. Enrollment is larger today but classes are small and the many extracurricular opportunities (arts, service, sports) are integral and accessible for every student. Excellence is still the standard for teaching and learning. And great college careers await today's graduates. Go LFA!
Daily life at LFA is engaging, and I am always in for a surprise. With incredibly flexible course choices and student schedules, LFA truly cultivates independence in their students. Clubs grant students incredible independence, and while funding is at times limited, the school gives incredible responsibility to its student leaders.
LFA has been vastly influential in fostering my love for learning, and thus the institution receives my greatest of praise! There is so much that LFA has done for me, and I know that it will do the same for any student who graces its halls.