Lake Fenton High School is an above average, public, magnet school located in Linden, MI. It has 689 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A97 Students
- B+71 Students
- A+65 Students
- B-64 Students
- C61 Students
- B55 Students
- B54 Students
- B+44 Students
- B-40 Students
- B36 Students
Living in the Area
- Cost of LivingB+
- Good for FamiliesA-
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 17 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Lake Fenton High School
- C-Southwestern Classical Academy
- Flint Public Schools, MI
- 178 reviews
- AGenesee Early College
- Carman-Ainsworth Community Schools, MI
- 18 reviews
- C-Hamady Community High School
- Westwood Heights Schools, MI
- 106 reviews
- C-Bendle High School
- Bendle Public Schools, MI
- 71 reviews
Lake Fenton High School Reviews
Lake Fenton High School was a good school, but I feel they were lacking when it came to education. There are of course some teachers that are really good and have a passion for teaching, but there are a lot of teachers who are lazy and do not seem to know the material as well as they should. They are very big on safety which was comforting. They also offer a wide range of clubs for kids to join and meet new people. So I rate Lake Fenton High School 3 stars because they were not all they hype themselves up to be and I believe I could have gotten a better education somewhere else.
Lake Fenton High School is a small community, but has a very well rounded district. There are students from around the world visiting our school, but the one place where I would like us to get better at as a school would be safety. A couple areas where we prosper in the classroom due to the fact that we have resources that we can use to get anything accomplished. Another area we excel at is in athletics where we have great coaches and players that are willing to learn and get better. All in all, Lake Fenton is a fantastic school that gets students ready for college, but we could use some increased safety around the building.
My experience at Lake Fenton High School has very good. The school is small but there are many activities for students to get involved in. Our marching band is the largest group in our school. Almost 1/4, if not more of the students are part of the band. Our athletics are always competitive. The one thing that I would change would be the ability to have a variety of classes offered. Because the school is small, there is not a variety of speciality classes offered.