Lake Fenton High School is a public, magnet school located in Linden, MI. It has 680 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Lake Fenton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+86 Students
- B+57 Students
- A+55 Students
- B-54 Students
- C+48 Students
- B+44 Students
- B35 Students
- B+34 Students
- B-31 Students
- B21 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyNG
- Cost of LivingB+
- Good for FamiliesB+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Lake Fenton High School
- C-Southwestern Classical Academy
- Flint Public Schools, MI
- PK, 7-12
- 177 reviews
- AGenesee Early College
- Carman-Ainsworth Community Schools, MI
- 16 reviews
- C-Hamady Community High School
- Westwood Heights Schools, MI
- 104 reviews
- C-Bendle High School
- Bendle Public Schools, MI
- 69 reviews
Lake Fenton High School Reviews
Good overall school, we have many resources at our disposal but the teachers need a refresh. Half the teachers are not involved with students feelings or are too involved in a few certain students, not benefitting other students. Many teachers have favorites and give those students extra help or even change their grade to be better. Some teachers (Grigas and Morgan) need to be refreshed on the customs and teaching standards of the school. They don't teach properly or enough.
I enjoyed the no bullying rules that the school enforced! The school also took security seriously, which made me feel safe.
Lake Fenton is a good school. They do care about sports a lot which can occasionally make students who aren't into athletics feel neglected. The new principal (Belcher) is great and is changing things around the school which I think is great. What is a problem is the diversity at the school, large majority white. If you are a student of color you often do hear harmful things that you learn to ignore. There's plenty of teachers who truly do care about you and your wellbeing. What I would've liked is more college readiness, I feel as if they haven't really done anything to prepare. Overall Lake Fenton High School is an average school who has its flaws but not too many.