Lake City High School is a public school located in Lake City, MI. It has 351 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Lake City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B32 Students
- B28 Students
- A25 Students
- B+22 Students
- A+21 Students
- C+15 Students
- B15 Students
- B-11 Students
- C-10 Students
- A9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Lake City High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Lake City High School
- B-Cadillac Senior High School
- Cadillac Area Public Schools, MI
- 128 reviews
- B-McBain High School
- Mcbain Rural Agricultural Schools, MI
- 34 reviews
- C+Marion High School
- Marion Public Schools, MI
- 10 reviews
- C+Manton Consolidated High School
- Manton Consolidated Schools, MI
- 31 reviews
Lake City High School Reviews
Talking with people from larger schools really put how little Lake City High School has to offer. Limited programs and classes. The school is small, very old, and underfunded. Yet the teachers do amazing things with what little they have to work with. The shop program is getting a huge boost with new 3D printers and other machinery. PCs and other technologies are being brought into the classrooms to assist in the learning process. Not a large variety of classes are offered and every teacher teaches multiple subjects, so there aren't many options for scheduling. There aren't many AP classes offered, the ones that are offered are taught thoroughly and effectively. While it is the product of a poor district, it is an effective school whose teaching and guidance staff try their hardest to get students where they want to be.
In my opinion of this school, it had wonderful teachers to help you understand and conquer the subjects. Although, the poor food that makes many bring their own lunch and the worst of it is the fact that they don't provide enough for the appetite of a high school student. Even in their courses, some were made so simple that it was a waste of my own time to classes so tough that I hated going to class. They should have classes more in the center of being the perfect balance. Overall, they do give you a decent education.
My school is all right. Sometimes it is good and sometimes it is bad. Usually, things come your way if you are associated with the school and it sports. But, if you are not involved with any other activities, besides going to school, school is not the greatest for you. To add on from both sides of being in my school, it has horrible food. The staff is rude, and I hope for the future, it will improve.