Lake Central High School is a highly rated, public school located in Saint John, IN. It has 3,226 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Lake Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A427 Students
- A+424 Students
- B345 Students
- B+262 Students
- C+184 Students
- A-155 Students
- B-125 Students
- A110 Students
- A+77 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.61 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.61 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.76 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.114 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.114 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.114 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.131 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.131 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.131 responses
Schools like Lake Central High School
- B+Highland High School
- School Town of Highland, IN
- 227 reviews
- ACrown Point High School
- Crown Point Community School Corporation, IN
- 357 reviews
- B+Wheeler High School
- Union Township School Corporation, IN
- 85 reviews
- BHobart High School
- School City of Hobart, IN
- 159 reviews
Lake Central High School Reviews
Super happy with my son's outcome with Lake Central! They are both have been students in the system since preschool. They both had special situations that the system accommodated. They both participated in various activities, made many great friends, met great coaches, great teachers and other leaders of the community. I couldn't be prouder of our school system. Great job LC!
Lake Central High School has a lot of great teachers and the facilities are great. There are a lot of dumb rules though and whenever you try to join something, they make it difficult for you to do so. If this changed, I think a lot more people would be in clubs and sports. Lake Central definitely makes you college ready because of the block schedule and the curriculum. Lake Central offers a variety of classes and everyone can find their own place. The administration is just okay. I think they make decisions at times and do not consider the opinions of students or teachers, who are usually mostly affected by their decisions. I definitely do feel safe at Lake Central. It is in a good city and I never feel like I am in danger. The sports at Lake Central are very good! Not a lot of people like the athletic director, but the coaches at Lake Central are highly qualified. Lake Central is a good school overall, but there is just some kinks that need to be fixed.
Overall, Lake Central High School sets their students up for success. The principal is nice, the teachers are supportive, and the classes are more challenging than those of another high school. I love it here!