Lake Central High School is a highly rated, public school located in Saint John, IN. It has 3,190 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 40% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
Lake Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A486 Students
- A+482 Students
- B383 Students
- B+289 Students
- B-201 Students
- B+171 Students
- B-146 Students
- A-130 Students
- A+84 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.63 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.63 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.116 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.116 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.116 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.133 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.133 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.133 responses
Schools like Lake Central High School
- BHighland High School
- School Town of Highland, IN
- 236 reviews
- ACrown Point High School
- Crown Point Community School Corporation, IN
- 366 reviews
- B+Wheeler High School
- Union Township School Corporation, IN
- 89 reviews
- B-Hobart High School
- School City of Hobart, IN
- 165 reviews
Lake Central High School Reviews
I love Lake Central! The building has been remodeled and is spectacular. We are provided with endless opportunities through our technology and a wide range of classes. The teachers and staff are incredible and are always looking out for us, the students. Lake Central has prepared me for college, my career, and my life beyond.
Super happy with my son's outcome with Lake Central! They are both have been students in the system since preschool. They both had special situations that the system accommodated. They both participated in various activities, made many great friends, met great coaches, great teachers and other leaders of the community. I couldn't be prouder of our school system. Great job LC!
Lake Central High School has a lot of great teachers and the facilities are great. There are a lot of dumb rules though and whenever you try to join something, they make it difficult for you to do so. If this changed, I think a lot more people would be in clubs and sports. Lake Central definitely makes you college ready because of the block schedule and the curriculum. Lake Central offers a variety of classes and everyone can find their own place. The administration is just okay. I think they make decisions at times and do not consider the opinions of students or teachers, who are usually mostly affected by their decisions. I definitely do feel safe at Lake Central. It is in a good city and I never feel like I am in danger. The sports at Lake Central are very good! Not a lot of people like the athletic director, but the coaches at Lake Central are highly qualified. Lake Central is a good school overall, but there is just some kinks that need to be fixed.