Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Laingsburg High School is an above average, public school located in Laingsburg, MI. It has 347 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Laingsburg High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A104 Students
- grade B83 Students
- grade B minus61 Students
- grade A+59 Students
- grade B+58 Students
- grade B+31 Students
- grade B minus29 Students
- grade B minus22 Students
- grade A19 Students
- grade B19 Students
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responses
- Spirit Week22%
- Football Games17%
- Senior pranks13%
- Pep rallies9%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,152 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 7 responses
Schools like Laingsburg High School
- grade B minusPerry High School
- Perry Public Schools, MI
- Rating 3.63 out of 5 123 reviews
- grade A minusDeWitt High School
- Dewitt Public Schools, MI
- Rating 3.69 out of 5 172 reviews
- grade C+Ovid-Elsie High School
- Ovid-Elsie Area Schools, MI
- Rating 3.42 out of 5 138 reviews
- grade B minusOwosso High School
- Owosso Public Schools, MI
- Rating 3.52 out of 5 142 reviews
Laingsburg High School Reviews
Rating 3.97 out of 5 59 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
It’s a smaller school and because of that almost everyone knows each other. That makes it easier for us to help each other out with things like club events, and school assemblies. You can always ask for help and almost always receive it! Although because it’s a small school we do not have a lot of diversity, but we always support it.
They finally brought the art program back, so that’s nice. Extremely cliquey. If you’re not in band you kind of get isolated, especially if you don’t know any upperclassmen. It’s too easy to get into the special education program; where they are babied. If you aren’t popular you get treated differently even by staff, for example, I would actually see girl’s underwear because of how short their skirts/shorts were (never got in trouble), but if I wore a 3.5 inch inseam instead of the 4 inch inseam, I’d get in trouble. Sexual assault didn’t seem to ever be taken seriously. I personally wouldn’t enroll my kids here if I have kids.
I liked the size, the classes, the staff members, and the sports that Laingsburg High School has to offer. It's a nice small school which is good because you get to know more kids. The classes are smaller which allows more one on one time with the teachers. All the teachers are very nice and will help you when you need it. Laingsburg High School offers a variety of different classes that you can take. They also provide you with an opportunity to take college classes either online or actually going to the college to take the classes. The school allows the classes to be able to go on field trips for hands on learning. The sports programs here are very good. All the coaches are amazing and know what they are doing. We have track and field, cross country, baseball, softball, soccer, football, cheerleading, basketball, golf, and volleyball. All of our sports are very successful at everything. Overall I think Laingsburg High School is a very good school.