Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Lahainaluna High School is a public school located in Lahaina, HI. It has 992 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+86 Students
- B65 Students
- A50 Students
- A-42 Students
- B36 Students
- A+35 Students
- B-31 Students
- B-25 Students
- A24 Students
- B23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Lahainaluna High School Reviews
The teachers are very good, but some lack the point of view from a student for further help. Although most are at its peak of professionalism, it seems as though they lack some parts such as understanding work load and these only pertain to only certain teachers. One teacher had to prove themselves being “certified” which makes me question the school’s professionalism for proofing teachers backgrounds. The environment of 60% of classrooms are poorly cleaned, but luckily some have gone through renovation. The agricultural classrooms definitely do not pass the sanitary test in my opinion.
My experience at this school is like no other within the state. I attended this school as a boarder and keep in note that it is a public school. This experience that I went through ties deep in culture and history that goes all the way back to 1831. This program taught me discipline and how to become more independent to where it made it easy to transition to college. Also this boarding program is a work study program, meaning you work for you room and board. The people, the bonds, and the memories become so strong that it will stick with you forever. Being a 4 year boarder says a lot. Not a lot of people finish off, it is not easy but if you stay determined enough the out come is great. It taught us how to work, go to school, and even play sports.And on top of that join clubs. Many tools and work ethics were built from this program such as time management. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything.
Lahainaluna's teachers get better as you become an upperclassman, but teachers of lowerclassmen tend to make you think if they were qualified. There was one teacher who had to show they were a teacher by bringing in their certification. That itself makes you question the school's professionalism and skill of proofing each teacher's background.