Laguna Beach High School is a top rated, public school located in Laguna Beach, CA. It has 1,084 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Laguna Beach High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+178 Students
- A+152 Students
- A+145 Students
- A+134 Students
- A132 Students
- A-109 Students
- A107 Students
- A-93 Students
- A92 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Laguna Beach High School
- A+Corona Del Mar High School
- Newport-Mesa Unified School District, CA
- 262 reviews
- A+Tesoro High School
- Capistrano Unified School District, CA
- 385 reviews
- AEdison High School
- Huntington Beach Union High School District, CA
- 299 reviews
- A+Northwood High School
- Irvine Unified School District, CA
- 483 reviews
Laguna Beach High School Reviews
I transferred here this year from another school in the area, I wish I never switched. The school is extremely clique-y because the Laguna Beach district is so small (meaning everyone knows everyone and they only hang out with people they know from when they were younger). The racial diversity is sad- most of the school is caucasian, I believe around 80%. The school in insanely tough on their students' work, teachers expect their students to completely understand a topic after learning about it for one day. In general, don't send your kid to Laguna Beach High School.
I would like to see change in the school year and bell schedule. We have earlier mornings than most schools and our finals schedule is stressful (finals are after winter break, rather than before). I've had a fairly positive experience with all of my teachers, and have gotten very close to quite a few of them. The staff generally seem to care highly for our well-being and supply us with a ton of resources.
Laguna Beach HS was a great high school experience. Very involved staff who care about the students very much! It was clear they wanted us to be as successful as possible after leaving. Very rigorous courses available, definitely pushed me to do better and aim high.