Lafayette High School is a highly rated, public school located in Oxford, MS. It has 806 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 49% in reading.
Lafayette High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-135 Students
- A-80 Students
- C+75 Students
- B+40 Students
- B-30 Students
- B+27 Students
- A25 Students
- A-24 Students
- B15 Students
- B-14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Lafayette High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Lafayette High School Reviews
What I liked about Lafayette is our principal knew every student by name. No joke! It didn’t matter how many times he saw you in that day, he’d be just as excited as the first time. He’d always say, “Not everybody can be, but everybody wants to be a commodore.” I would like to see more teachers set out like him.
I loved going to Lafayette high school. The feeling of family and the sense of belonging can’t be duplicated. I would like to see more programs for science and math. Maybe, incorporate a medical program that you can have opportunities to mirror healthcare professionals.
Lafayette is a good environment to perform your best in. The teachers are nice and they genuinely care about students doing their best and their well being, as do all the other staff. The only thing I could say bad, is that it can get a bit congested in the halls at times, but that is out of the staff's control.