Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA+
Ladue Horton Watkins High School is a top rated, public school located in St Louis, MO. It has 1,311 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 79% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Ladue Horton Watkins High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+204 Students
- A-189 Students
- A140 Students
- A+114 Students
- B+76 Students
- A+68 Students
- A+67 Students
- A+65 Students
- A+64 Students
- B63 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Schools like Ladue Horton Watkins High School
- A+Marquette Senior High School
- Rockwood R-VI School District, MO
- 457 reviews
- A+Lafayette High School
- Rockwood R-VI School District, MO
- 309 reviews
- A+Parkway West High School
- Parkway School District, MO
- 212 reviews
- A+Kirkwood Senior High School
- Kirkwood School District, MO
- 273 reviews
Ladue Horton Watkins High School Reviews
Every aspect of Ladue Horton Watkins High School is amazing, and I would not trade my high school experience for anything! We have amazing school spirit, especially since opening our brand new football field and stadium with lights for night games! Our football team won the State Championship in 2018, so we have an amazing program! We have tons of talented musicians at our school, not to mention wonderful art programs of every aspect. The teachers genuinely care about how the students are doing, they know you by name, so it gives you a feeling that you matter. At LHWHS, the students are not just numbers, they are people.
Located at 1201 South Warson Road, Ladue Horton Watkins High School builds itself upon character and accomplishments. Rated the second best high school in Missouri and 363 in the nation, Ladue School District is known for excelling in academics as well as athletics. Not only is Ladue Horton Watkins High School known for this, they are also known for creating a welcoming atmosphere for all students. The most important lesson I learned was how to display my gifts and talents for all to see with confidence. At Ladue, each student understands diversity and celebrates each person on their ability to stand out from the crowd. After lacking in confidence for so many years, my transfer to Ladue Horton Watkins High School my freshman year was truly a blessing in disguise. Without the help of Ladue's amazing faculty and students I would not have found true happiness or become the person I am today!
I believe Ladue is an excellent place for students to learn about diversity, politics and the history of our nation among other topics we study. It's also a place where students can seek out enriching clubs and make endless memories with friends. The school clearly has high standards for each student, no matter their weaknesses. Ladue does a great job helping students understand how America was built and all the setbacks we’ve had. Students are offered a variety of classes that are useful for adulthood, such as Investment Strategies, Child Development and different levels of engineering courses. However, I believe Ladue hands out too many suspensions for conflicts that could be handled in a simple one-on-one meeting. When a student is suspended for a non-violent behavior, it leads to a setback in their academic performance and an unnecessary increase in stress, leading to more bad behavior. I’ve seen this many times and feel that this should be handled in a more thoughtful way.