Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Lac qui Parle Valley Secondary School is an above average, public school located in Madison, MN. It has 319 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Lac qui Parle Valley Secondary School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B16 Students
- A15 Students
- B10 Students
- B+9 Students
- A-8 Students
- A8 Students
- B+8 Students
- B8 Students
- B+7 Students
- B+6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Lac qui Parle Valley Secondary School Reviews
I love Lac qui Parle Valley for its sense of acceptance within diversity and religion. I love its faculty and teachers as they are kind and considerate of student's individual needs. Additionally, they offer several after-school and extracurricular activities such as clubs as well as great sports' programs. Overall the academic program at this school exceeds my limits as it has prepared me for college readiness with school counselors and etc. I have always felt safe at this school and accepted as my own individual self. One thing I would love to see change in this school however is its food. The prices could drop and the average portion sizes for breakfast and lunch could exceed. But overall, this school is an excellent choice for any student willing to learn and succeed!
Lac qui Parle has a strong success oriented view on academics. Where their sports programs lack in success, they make up for in state championship wins, state qualifying teams, and teams that make it almost to state or have individuals who make it to state. At LqPV, the teachers see the students as their own kids instead of just a number in a class. They go out of their way to make sure kids are obtaining and understanding the information. The school lacks a strong music program, but has been increasing in the past few years.
It would be nice to see more options for classes and extracurricular activities. There are not very many elective classes to choose from, which makes the school a little boring.