LaBrae High School is an above average, public school located in Leavittsburg, OH. It has 353 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
LaBrae High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B62 Students
- B-61 Students
- A+37 Students
- C32 Students
- B31 Students
- A-28 Students
- B-28 Students
- B18 Students
- B-16 Students
- A-16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like LaBrae High School
- BFitch High School
- Austintown Local School District, OH
- 195 reviews
- B-James A. Garfield High School
- James A. Garfield Local School District, OH
- 36 reviews
- B+Lordstown High School
- Lordstown Local School District, OH
- 32 reviews
- B-Youngstown Early College
- Youngstown City School District, OH
- 42 reviews
LaBrae High School Reviews
I feel that the LaBrae school district in general is entirely welcoming. As I acknowledge other school districts in the area, no one is as diverse. I feel the best thing about LaBrae is the variety they show within the school. Everyone has something. And if you do not, then you can do something. At this school, there is so many programs, extracurricular activity, hands on learning opportunities, sumer schooling/vlc, sports teams, academic teams, and a staff that works extremely hard to provide enough to their students. Not only implying the followed curriculum for state preparation, but as well as creating a healthy and comfortable enviroment where students feel safe. Our administration is very well in keeping students on the right track as well as guidance, who provide us a set blueprints for our future which is a major part of our entire life. We are the future of this country and I believe that without the staff of my school, we would not be the students we are today.
The staff and faculty members are always doing what is best for their students. Between college and career readiness, and helping students with at home issues, I wouldn’t have wanted to grow up in any other district. In the past few years that I’ve went to high school at LaBrae, I can proudly say that this schools academics are excelled and advanced. Along with the amazing faculty and staff members, the students are more than welcoming to the new students and teachers that have been brought into our facility in the last three to four years.
Currently, I am a Senior and this school, in my opinion, is just about average. There are teachers who know what they're talking about and are great teachers, and there are others who have no qualifications in the class that they are teaching. The food at the school has gotten better, as a new company has taken over the cafeteria in the summer of 2017. The school is one of the newer in the area, and it shows. The school building is constantly being improved. The main staff; principle, guidance, etc; care about some of the students here, but you can tell there is favoritism within the school system. Overall, the school deserves to be just above average, but is not a "Very Good" rating.