Labette County High School is an above average, public school located in Altamont, KS. It has 515 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 17% in reading.
Labette County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+164 Students
- A112 Students
- C+100 Students
- A86 Students
- B-45 Students
- C39 Students
- B37 Students
- B-35 Students
- B+34 Students
- A34 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Labette County High School
- BParsons Senior High School
- Parsons Unified School District, KS
- 32 reviews
- C+Cherryvale Middle/High School
- Cherryvale Unified School District, KS
- 38 reviews
- B+Oswego Junior/Senior High School
- Oswego Unified School District, KS
- 31 reviews
- CChetopa High School
- Chetopa-St. Paul Unified School District, KS
Labette County High School Reviews
I love Labette County! There were so many outstanding opportunities that I had the chance to be involved in, including 6 clubs, 2 national conferences, band, sports events, and volunteering in the community. The teachers are like my friends and they genuinely care about their students and our future. My band director, Mr. Hundley, is currently helping me view my future career option as being a band teacher for secondary schools. The college courses that I have taken have prepared me for college, and I even took some courses at Coffeyville Community College and the level of education that I had from Labette County has really shown me that I am ready for college.
I started going to public school my freshman year, before I had been homeschooled. My dad is a teacher at the high school so I felt fairly comfortable with the transition, but I was worried about how I would be accepted by the students. However, there was no need to worry because all of the students were extremely kind and welcoming. LCHS provides a wide range of activities that suit a diverse crowd of students. I personally am involved with FCA, FFA, NHS, Choir, Student Council and Student Ambassadors. There are countless opportunities for LCHS students to grow as leaders and members of our community. Our school provides us with volunteer and leadership camps to attend. We have amazing teachers that truly care about the students and wish to see us succeed. My time at LC has definitely prepared me for my future.
I loved LCHS, everyone is so friendly and helpful! The teachers and counselors really care about the students. The classes are small, which helped me learn the material. I recommend it!