Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Labette County High School is an above average, public school located in Altamont, KS. It has 487 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Labette County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+175 Students
- A-115 Students
- B112 Students
- A96 Students
- B-53 Students
- C+40 Students
- B40 Students
- A40 Students
- C39 Students
- B39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 21 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Labette County High School
- B+Parsons Senior High School
- Parsons Unified School District, KS
- 35 reviews
- C+Cherryvale Middle/High School
- Cherryvale Unified School District, KS
- 42 reviews
- A-Oswego Junior/Senior High School
- Oswego Unified School District, KS
- 32 reviews
- CChetopa High School
- Chetopa-St. Paul Unified School District, KS
- 1 review
Labette County High School Reviews
I love Labette County! There were so many outstanding opportunities that I had the chance to be involved in, including 6 clubs, 2 national conferences, band, sports events, and volunteering in the community. The teachers are like my friends and they genuinely care about their students and our future. My band director, Mr. Hundley, is currently helping me view my future career option as being a band teacher for secondary schools. The college courses that I have taken have prepared me for college, and I even took some courses at Coffeyville Community College and the level of education that I had from Labette County has really shown me that I am ready for college.
During my four years at LCHS, I enjoyed my time greatly. I met new friends, got even closer with some of my old ones, and that made my time even better. The teachers at LCHS are among the best in the state. They care about all of their students and are willing to help them with anything. I am very proud to be a future graduate of Labette County High School.
It was a great experience. I had learned so much from everyone there. I even had a great jumpstart on college classes!