La Vernia High School is an above average, public school located in La Vernia, TX. It has 1,073 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 71% in reading.
La Vernia High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+184 Students
- B+161 Students
- B156 Students
- A+142 Students
- A-117 Students
- B99 Students
- A83 Students
- B72 Students
- B50 Students
- A-49 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 50 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
Schools like La Vernia High School
- BMarion High School
- Marion Independent School District, TX
- 77 reviews
- B-Floresville High School
- Floresville Independent School District, TX
- 150 reviews
- B+Stockdale High School
- Stockdale Independent School District, TX
- 15 reviews
- AByron P. Steele II High School
- Schertz-Cibolo-Universal City Independent School District, TX
- 476 reviews
La Vernia High School Reviews
La Vernia High School is a small town school. Everyone one here gets along for the most part, the one thing that I love most about it, is that I have always been super close to my friends because of how small the school is. I do not think I would really want to change anything about the school except that we need covers for our walkways when it rains!
I like the class size at La Vernia High School and the advanced courses offered. The teachers are really nice and helpful, and understand what it is like to be a "teen these days." I have made really great friends at this school, and the opportunities I have been given are great. However, I think the main thing I would like to see changed is the space of the school. We are starting to outgrow the campus and there isn't much being done. Also, I wish there were was more monitorization for cheating.
I enjoyed the small size of La Vernia High School. The extracurricular clubs were also very successful and fun to be in. I participated in UIL, FCA, FFA, and the Cross Country Sports Team, as well as contributed as a leader of our Friends of Rachel chapter. In the future, I would like to see La Vernia add in more safety precautions on campus, such as a more secure campus with locking doors. The staff at La Vernia High School is committed to the success of students, however, it would be really nice to see some new tutoring programs to be put in plcae. Overall, La Vernia High School is a decent place to get a High School Education.