Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesC
La Marque High School is a public school located in La Marque, TX. It has 725 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 15% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+99 Students
- A-97 Students
- B+82 Students
- A+76 Students
- A66 Students
- C+65 Students
- B-63 Students
- B62 Students
- C58 Students
- A+41 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
La Marque High School Reviews
Despite being on home campus from my freshman to sophmore year (I'm now a collegiate student), I enjoyed going to LMHS. Some may say it's not entirely a great school because of the reputation it's had in the past and the area it's located in, but if you were to overlook all the faults and rumors, it's a nice school. I've made potential lifelong friends here and I couldn't be more grateful. The professors that taught me during those two years prepared me for the college level courses that I'm currently taking. Sure, my schools may have some flaws, but I love it dearly and I am proud to be a cougar.
What I liked about La Marque is the sports, the teachers, and sometimes the food. I played sports and high school at La Marque. I played volleyball, basketball, and track and field and every sports I did good and I was a leader on and off the court. Some of the teachers at La Marque would want a good relationship with you such as the principal, the assistant principal, the counselors and more. La Marque is not a bad school, it is the kids that make the school bad. It can be a great school, teachers and students would have to work together to make it great. The food at La Marque was not good at all, which is why I say “sometimes the food”. For one, La Marque food went on Facebook on had bad there burgers was and how they were just giving them out, making kids sick to their stomach. Which is why the only thing I would eat is the snacks and go on about my day. La Marque was and can still be a good school. One thing I’ll change about La marque is their environment.
I have been a student at La Marque since first grade. It was not too bad until I got to the high school. The teachers do not really engage with the students. Apart from the academics and the sports the environment is somewhat nice. Everyone knows everyone, the principle is nice sometimes. The staff can be nice if you talk to them the right way, which is not always clear. It is a pretty small school, so you can't really get lost. However, it is old. The old gym is not the cleanest. They have a great auditorium, though.