COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
La Jolla Country Day School is committed to creating a campus reopening plan that is safe and prioritizes the health, safety and well-being of our community. For the most current information, visit our website. Learn More
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
La Jolla Country Day School (LJCDS) is an independent school in San Diego, California, serving young scholars age 3 to Grade 12 on a single campus. LJCDS prepares students for a lifetime of intellectual exploration, personal growth and social responsibility. The school is committed to inspiring greatness for a better world by fostering a culture and a community that leads with dignity.
La Jolla Country Day School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+132 Students
- A+116 Students
- A+82 Students
- A+77 Students
- A77 Students
- A+71 Students
- A61 Students
- A-59 Students
- A56 Students
- A+52 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
La Jolla Country Day School Reviews
In 2006, we visited every private school in San Diego that we could in order to find the perfect place for our two children (then 4 & 2). LJCDS was our choice and 14 years later we can confirm that it was the best school for our children!
When we were looking for a school, character education was very important to us. LJCDS was the only school that advertised their character education prominently in the admissions process. (Happily- they lived up to their promises too!) Today, LJCDS is still focused on character, through their emphasis of "dignity" in all things. It is truly impressive.
One of our children was academically gifted and a talented athlete but didn't appreciate the arts. Our other child is academically average but a gifted athlete and talented artist. Both found their way at LJCDS. Both have thrived. Both are better citizens because of attending this fine institution.