La Grange High School is an above average, public school located in La Grange, TX. It has 607 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 68% in reading.
La Grange High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+82 Students
- C-79 Students
- B+78 Students
- A+63 Students
- B57 Students
- A33 Students
- A-30 Students
- A-22 Students
- B20 Students
- B-16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
La Grange High School Reviews
Coming from experience as a student, this school is beyond disappointing! I can't express how much bullying I experienced at this school, and not once ever had help coping with the stress and idiots that made my life a living hell... Plus, half the faculty didn't seem to show concern or care about the students, all they do here is sniff out drugs every month with the police and literally show favoritism to the white students unless you're a black athlete...There's no line drawn for diversity or culture, so if you're stuck here, move somewhere else worth learning at.
At La Grange High School there are many things to like, just as there are some things to dislike. La Grange is a small town, therefore a small school and I liked being a part of a small school, however if that is not your thing than you would not like it. Because La Grange is such a small school everyone knows your business all the time, however the people tend to be pretty nice and understanding with your information. Sports in La Grange are actually pretty competitive considering we do not have that many people in La Grange, which is good if you are competitive like me.
I love all the teachers/staff that work at this school. They are all really kind and helpful. I also enjoy all the people I have met through different mediums like sports, academics, etc. I would like to see the overall resources availible to the school increase, being able to do more.