La Feria High School is a public school located in La Feria, TX. It has 958 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
La Feria High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B115 Students
- B-90 Students
- B+84 Students
- B82 Students
- B78 Students
- B+72 Students
- A+69 Students
- A+66 Students
- A-45 Students
- A-43 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like La Feria High School
- CSan Benito High School
- San Benito Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- 422 reviews
- B-Weslaco High School
- Weslaco Independent School District, TX
- 250 reviews
- BHarlingen High School South
- Harlingen Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- 326 reviews
- B-Lyford High School
- Lyford Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- 118 reviews
La Feria High School Reviews
As of now, I am a few months from graduating from La Feria High School! I feel as though my high school experience has been instructive enough that I feel ready for college and the real world. I happen to be part of the environmental club. We have recycle bins all over campus, and we even planted beautiful trees, shrubs,and bushes on our campus as well. This club isn't just to sit inside and talk about how we need to help our environment, we actually get out there and do it! La Feria high school also offers dual enrollment classes, which I took the opportunity to take. The Administration is very good as well because they're always coming into classrooms to make sure that teachers are actually doing their jobs and teaching us what needs to be taught. One thing that stands out at La Feria high school is that, after the Parkland shooting, the Administration now requires all teachers to have their doors locked at all times in case of an emergency.
The only thing that made me enjoy school was my friends and those few teachers that actually motivated me. Other then that, the school food was absolutely horrible, sometimes I wouldn't eat lunch because they didn't make enough sandwiches in the sandwich line. Not to mention, the cafeteria smells like garbage the whole time. Also, some teachers are ridiculous! I wonder who gave those teachers degrees. I got through most of my high school years by teaching myself. I was very thankful for the few amazing teachers that my school did have, which deserved to be at a much better district. I am also very thankful for my Gear Up instructor who did my work than my counselor.
Through rigorous classes that mirror those provided in college La Feria High School has truly prepared me and others for the next stage in our lives. Although the class of 2019 was extremely lucky to have great teachers in difficult courses LFSH has gone through a chance in administration. With the coming of the new school year we saw a lot of those great teachers leave or retire. In all LFHS was a great academic experience for myself, but it has lost some of the people that made it great.